Bridesmaid doesn't like colour

Hi! Sorry if there is a thread along the same lines.....I'm pretty cross as one of my bridesmaids has very openly expressed her dislike of my colour choice for the dresses saying it doesn't suit her. I'm having 4 in total so whilst I want them all to be happy I knowy choice won't be everyone's favourite. Do I have to change my colour?

Thanks in advance,

Bluebell

• SamSheerSamSheer Posts: 64

Hi Bluebell

What colour have you chosen?

Love Sam xx

• Jomc11Jomc11 Posts: 484

Tough! Its your colour & thats that. Very rude of the bridesmaid

I received a text from 1 bridesmaid the evening after we had went shopping to look at dresses earlier that afternoon saying oh we all prefer it in this colour (which was the sample) My reply was "Black is the colour!"  

If the colour is the colour you want then tell her its the colour, if she starts this with a colour what's next?

• Bluebell85Bluebell85 Posts: 10

Good point, it's a nude colour so nothing bold or out there! 

• sooz84sooz84 Posts: 378

Ah sometimes people don't know when to keep their mouths shut.

Tell her no one will be looking at her, cause they'll all be looking at you, to get a spray tan and smile image

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

Just tell her you've already decided and that's that!

This is the reason why I just chose dresses that I liked bought them and then just told my BMS after! Couldn't be bothered with them moaning. Lol.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Thanks so much for your comments, it was really getting to me and I didn't want to be mean so really appreciate your thoughts. She was meant to be trying it on for size not opinion on the colour!. I wish I'd been more firm at the start and said it was definitely the colour but I didn't anticipate such blunt feedback!! It's the future husband's sister so I now need to find a way to politely say tough'

• It might be a good idea to ask your H2B to tell her xx

• Jomc11Jomc11 Posts: 484

don't try skirt round it, if she brings it up again just tell her that's the colour

• SJ6SJ6 Posts: 45

Gosh, how rude. Just grit your teeth, smile and tell her it's hard to keep everyone happy but you know she'll respect your decision as she's such a good friend. The guilt trip will shut her up. When you're a bridesmaid, you have a role to play, so I'm afraid it's about being selfless and focusing all your attention on the bride.

Haha yes good idea image thank you for all your advice and tips! X

• MrsWPtobeMrsWPtobe Posts: 435

When she's the bride, she can choose, until then, it's your decision. Say you've chosen the colour and ordered other things to match, so you can't change now, i'd probably throw in a sorry and look slightly despondant but if you allow herto get her own way on this, what will be next? I agree with SJ6 about the guilt trip, whilst you don't want to outwardly anger her, giving in will enable her attitude. xx

• MascaraMascara Posts: 114

Even my extremely opinionated teenage daughters have said they'll wear whatever colour I want. So....

• RubyCatRubyCat Posts: 272 New bride

The bm dresses fit in with the colour theme of the wedding. Everyone knows that.

• Samantha86Samantha86 Posts: 210

mm,, if i am is you, i prefer to discuss with all of bridesmaid, what they want as color.,but you are who give the option of color. maybe 3 or 4 color. it's better! 

• Saima46Saima46 Posts: 27

I have been a bridesmaid twice and now a bride and every time one of the BM's has disliked the colour but thats part of being a bridesmaid. As the bride(zilla) I bluntly said if she didn't like the colour/dress she didn't have to be a bridesmaid. That sorted things out quite quickly and she didn't say anything else!