To invite or not to invite??

Hi,

so basically I have a dilemma. My old friend and I have roughly get I touch since I moved away after uni. It was never s problem as we used to meet on holidays and it was like we'd never been apart. The last few years I've had a tough time with family things and she's not been there for me. She never contacts and when I do contact her it's very brief responses or just doesn't reply. 

so in July is was my hen do, she said she couldn't come as she was working, even though it was weeks and weeks in advance. But it was ok, I accepted that. She never text to wish me a nice time. And the pics were all up on FB and she never commented or text to see if I'd had a nice time. this was 8 weeks ago now. So last week I text her to ask her address to send invite and age literally just text back her address, nothing else. So I confronted her and asked if there was a problem and why hasn't she even asked if I'd had a good time, hwe response was that she saw from pics that id had a good time! 

I havent sent invite yet are im now very insure. she obviously isn't interested!

What do people think? Anyone had a similar experience? 

Thanks 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

Personally if it was me I wouldnt bother, she's clearly not been interested before and she'll probably be exactly the same after the wedding so why waste an invite!

• VicNVicN Posts: 1,352

I would maybe do night do invitation if you are having separate day/night guests. Otherwise I don't think I'd bother! People do grow apart especially if they dont live near each other, and our lives move on. I have friends from uni who I now only keep up to date with on fb etc now and it seems you and your friend may be the same now. xx

• Anna22Anna22 Posts: 157

I wouldn't bother, myself, but if you feel obligated then maybe just invite her to the eveing do only, if you're having one.

• I would probably invite on the logic that it is an olive branch and a second chance. If she declines then you know where you stand, friendships drift but she may still be genuinely happy to be invited. If you doing speak much now you may not know what is going on I'm her life at the moment, she may be having a hard time hence the lack of effort or contact. Nothing can bring people together as beautifully as a wedding

• B23B23 Posts: 169

You never know someone else's situation but she sounds uninterested. It is a privilege to be included in someone special day and if she doesn't appreciate that I wouldn't invite her. Don't have negative energy around you in the months up to your wedding.

Surround yourself with people who are nearly as excited about  all of this as you are! 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi all, thank you for your wise words! I appredicate the comments. Im still undecided! X

• Dont invite! My husband had a similar situation with his supposed best man! He got a new best man and had a fab wedding without the old friend even being there,

He doesnt regret it.

Keep your wedding guests to people who show enthusiasm and respect for you.

• Thanks Danielle93 you speak a lot of sense! I'm trying really hard to think of it as my day and do what I want not please others all the time. In some of the other posts people mentioned that we've probably grown apart and that maybe I don't know what's going on in her life! I agree with this completely, but still feel that at this moment in time, there is a massive thing going on in my life and she's just not interested! X