Forum home Emotional support

Ages to wait but so much to say...

Hello brides to be, my name is Chloe and I am getting married in September 2017! All i want to do is talk about wedding ideas, look at them online and keep writing lists! However no-one wants to talk about it cause its 'so far away!' and all my friends arent bothered... I need to just get this out of my system and hoping to find someone else in my shoes who wants someone interested to talk to and share ideas with!

Thanks

• hi chloe you have come to the right place. I get married this Saturday :) booked our wedding ages ago but it has all come round so quick. everyone is lovely here so im sure you ll meet some fellow brides ready to chat x

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cara18Cara18 Posts: 101

Hi Chloe,

I know how you feel, I have been doing a lot of my wedding planning by myself and finding it difficult to know if I am going in the right direction as I have very few people to fall back on for advise.

I find writing down my thoughts, what I have organised and what I need to do helps me get things right in my head and also look at other peoples threads to see how others are getting on, things I haven't considered etc. I would definitely do a planning thread!

Good luck

• loolah1loolah1 Posts: 396

There was about 2 years to go for me when I got engaged and I bored people with wedding talk (still do) but all I can say is it's frightening how quick the time is rolling on! Get planning And enjoy :-)

• I am in your boat with June 2017 and have a planning thread so feel free to pop along and start one of your own too! I'm wedding obsessed which really isn't healthy considering it's still ages away haha :)

• We're 2017 - not sure which month yet, sometime in the Summer..... I have a list of venues to look at, but can't really make appointments to see them til Spring next year.  I keep thinking of ideas all the time.  I am dying to fill in my wedding planner book but as I haven't booked anything, I don't have anything to write!  We're going to a Wedding Fair on Saturday, can't wait!

• lola3lola3 Posts: 350 New bride

Hi I was the same! We got engaged in janutay this year and no one wanted to take to me about it. As we aren't getting married until December 2016, everyone on here is so helpful and friendly. Would love to see your planning thread. X 

• VodkaQueen wrote (see post):

We're 2017 - not sure which month yet, sometime in the Summer..... I have a list of venues to look at, but can't really make appointments to see them til Spring next year.  I keep thinking of ideas all the time.  I am dying to fill in my wedding planner book but as I haven't booked anything, I don't have anything to write!  We're going to a Wedding Fair on Saturday, can't wait!

Is is there a reason you can't see till next spring? Venues get booked up quite quickly, I have chosen mine and I'm booking it next week for June 2017 :)