HELP! I asked someone to be a bridesmaid when drunk!

This is my second marriage and really wanted a low key event...my partner has other ideas! I had decided that I just wanted my sister to be bridesmaid but my fiancé wants me to have the same number of bridesmaids as he does groomsmen. I got very drunk at a wedding and asked my friend (who previously has been a great friend although is quite high maintenance and we have had some serious fallings out in more recent years!) to be my bridesmaid!! I was hoping she wouldn't mention anything but is really excited about it.

I now I really don't know if I can do anything about it without losing her completely as a friend? She is due to have a baby 6 weeks before the event by c-section so i'm not even sure if she would be ok to be a bridesmaid so soon after having a baby?

HELP!!

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I don't really think you can retract the invite now, drunk or not. If you do then it may be the end of your friendship.

Maybe leave it until closer to the time and see how she feels as she may decide with a newborn baby that she doesn't want to anyway.

• Do you think I can say anything about leaving it until nearer the time....due to dress etc?

• TheLegacyofMrsMTheLegacyofMrsM Posts: 2,188 New bride

I think if you asked her when drunk then at some level you must want her to be a bridesmaid? Just embrace it, it's a fun story to tell and it may bring you closer together