Final dress fitting and felt completely blank!

Hello all,

I'm having a horrible day!! I just wondered if this situation has happened to anyone else! So I chose my wedding dress 14 months ago and fell completely in love with it, Enzoani Dakota. I knew it was the one and have not doubted it since. I've tried it on loads in the last year, and three times in the last six months, the last time just three weeks ago - each time I felt a million dollars in every currency.

The final changes were done and the shop and seamstress have been amazing. I tried it on today and it fits perfectly - the only thing is I felt nothing, just blank. I didn't feel the usual overwhelming joy. I'm now really panicked about this.

I was a bit anxious going there and do feel so much pressure since we're nearly done and I'm over anxious for things to be right. I also think at this stage the laid back and joyful approach leaves you a bit and minor concerns suddenly feel magnified and huge, but even so, what the hell is wrong with me?

Has this blank/ numb feeling happened to anyone else once the dress has been finished? I know I love the dress but don't know what is wrong with me.

I should also add, Mother Nature is ten days late at the moment (I'm not pregnant, my body always does this sort of thing. I've been hoping it would come so it would be done before the wedding, so naturally it hasn't!) I don't think this is helping me to be calm and emotionally stable at the moment.

Thanks all! 💜💜

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

The dress has felt so 'right' so many times and for so long, that I;m sure it still is 'right'.

The dress hasn't changed, but you said yourself that the happy-go-lucky-laid-back and joyful-ness' that you've felt in the exciting  run up to your big day has been taken over, quite naturally, by nerves and pressure and over-anxiety.... and your body and brain helps yo cope with all those feelings by going a bit 'numb'.

it's this excitement and joyfulness that has changed, not the beautiful dress you have loved for so long.

Once you put it on for your wedding day, the numbness will go, I am sure, and all the excitement will be back, and you'll love it again.

Have a wonderful day x

• I honestly think it's probably either wedding stress stopping the feelings or shock. With so much stuff happening at the moment (even if you're a relaxed bride, I'm sure your brain is still working a mile a minute), you just couldn't process that this is your wedding dress and you'll we wearing it so soon. Don't over analyse it, it's just a processing thing, not to do with how much you love your dress.

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

As you have written in it your own post, Im certain you are just overwhelmed at the moment, a dress that you have loved so many times when you have tried it, now fits you perfectly and you feel a bit 'meh' its all the other things going on that are over shadowing it, Chill you will look and feel fab on the day. Try and enjoy this last bit of time before the wedding.

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

I just googled your dress. It's absolutely stunning and I'm sure when you're all done up with lovely hair and make up you'll go back to feeling a million dollars. 

• Thanks so much everyone, you're all so kind. Hopefully it's just the pressure of everything throwing me a little!

Thanks for all the reassurance! xx

• Sarah398Sarah398 Posts: 266

I had the exact same thing. 

I loved the dress before I tried it on, loved it on & then slowly over time had been doubting it.

When I went for my final fitting, I stood there totally unemotional about it, I felt it look 'alright', not what you want to feel.

I got totally panicked thinking I had bought the wrong dress, that it was boring & I wouldn't feel beautiful when I walked down the aisle.  I was even thinking of buying another dress 2 weeks before the wedding!

I got married about 3 weeks ago now & can happily report that when I got everything on altogether, dress, makeup, hair, accessories, bouquet, veil etc I couldn't have felt better.

I'm soooo happy I chose the dress I did & when I walked down the aisle I felt like a million dollars.

Don't worry - I think its normal xoxo