mature bride panic

My fiancee and I have been together for 4 years and he proposed to me on my 60th (yep 60th!) birthday and our date is set for July 2017.

I am having a serious "am I too old?" wedding confidence crisis! It's causing me to have panic attacks. 

My figure is still "okay" and I have chosen a proper gorgeous and very expensive(!) wedding dress which is being altered/added to, to cover my shoulders, upper arms and back (it was strapless but the shape suited me best) but I am still really worried people will think I am too old to wear it! I am having sleepless nights over this. Should I just get a coloured dress of some kind?

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can overcome my worries?

Thank you

• Sophie177Sophie177 Posts: 190

congratulations, wow how lovely to be proposed to on your birthday!  No-one is ever too old to shout out to the world how much they love the person they are with.  As for your wedding gown, you should wear what you want to, what you feel gorgeous and confident in.  

My aunt recently married for the second time at 73, and while she didn't wear a traditional wedding gown, her confidence shone through and she radiated love she had for her new husband.

You will look amazing I'm sure :)

x

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

Hello Emm Jay!

Please don't have panic attacks over this!  You are not too old at all - every bride should be able to - and can! - wear whatever makes them feel special, and your dress sounds great.  It sounds as if you are getting it adapted perfectly to suit you.

I got married in my 50s  and wore a 'proper' dress - with a really long train! I thought I might get a few raised eyebrows, but in fact everyone was supportive and complimentary!  I didn't want my special day to go by and regret not having the dress of my dreams.  I also thought my h2b 'deserved' a 'real bride' on the day, although of course, whatever you wear, you'll be a 'real bride'!!

I'm marrying again next year, hopefully, and this time I'm going to wear a smart 'day' dress, not a 'wedding dress' ... mainly because my figure is, alas!, not all that 'ok'!

It's your special day, wear something that makes you feel special x

• BekhaGBekhaG Posts: 586 New bride

Hell no you are not too old- go for it 100%, all brides are beautiful. Age is just a number :)