Bridesmaid dilemmas

ok this is my first post and I'm seriously stressing out. I got engaged at Christmas, and I knew who I wanted to be my bridesmaids straight away. so I chose my niece, my best friend and my gay best friend to be my man of honour. Now my problem is that my man of honour and my best friend are being really off. Neither really talk to me any more no matter how much I try, and if they do it's because something is going wrong with their relationship or they need something from me. 

would it be wrong to uninvite them as bridesmaid/man of honour? I really feel as though there is no point in having them still if they can't be bothered but I really hate conflict!! 

Help 

• RubyCatRubyCat Posts: 272 New bride

Maybe you could give them the option of dropping out. Say something like I can tell your hearts not in it so I won't be offended if you don't want to do it anymore

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

thinks Rubycats suggestion is good, gives them the option to drop out or tell you whats wrong.

• EJS1982EJS1982 Posts: 664

Maybe reach out and listen to their problems first? They might feel that you have been the same - talking about the wedding and them as a piece of that rather than as a friend first and foremost? 

I had a bridesmaid drop out after a very horrible discussion. I was happier she did in the end, but from being best friends we are little more than acquaintances now - so sad. It's a big thing to lose a member of the wedding party so tread lightly!

• I don't know if I misread your post but I would say it's perfectly okay for them to want to talk about themselves surely? Not to sound harsh, but your wedding is not as important to them as it is to you. Be a friend and listen to them and then maybe they'll listen to you.