Forum home Emotional support

Help

I'm feeling so sad and happy at the same time; I'm getting married in ten months but all of a sudden my sister who is 3 years younger then me wants to get married . I'm 23 and my sister is 20;   I feel as if she always  steals my spot light and it pains me to know that she is getting  married 4 months before me. My fiance is 2 years older than me and we very excited to get married .  I know my fiance for 1 year and 6 months .

I love my sister and i want to be happy for her . Im trying my best to make it seem as if im happy.  My sister is only 20 she has no job and she is  getting married to a guy who is 14 years older then her . His 34!! She only met him twice and she is head over heels ; they only saw one another twice and i just cant believe it! and my sister just met this guy once;  he stays very far from where  we  stay in haven't even spoken to this guy she wants to marry.

I'm feeling so sad because now everyone was going to start planning my wedding and now my mom is asking me to plan my sisters wedding . and I can't help it but feel like my wedding is less important . 

I juse need some love or someone out there who can relate to me and make me feel better . 

I haven't told my fiance how I feel because I don't want to make him feel bad 

• Sc2876Sc2876 Posts: 11

I'm so sorry for you feeling like this. I also had a big sister (we're only 1 year apart). If i and my sister were in the same position as you both, she would be furious! (But she will still care for me in the end)

well obvs, I don't know your relationship with your sister, but can you try to work things together? Like searching for suppliers, and comparing quotes, etc? (Because two heads are better than one) :)

regarding your mother, I can understand her way of thinking, but I will be disappointed as well. Why not ask her to dedicate one day or two each week for you, just you and your plan?

well, I never experience this situation, so I don't know what exactly is good, but I think it will be nice to plan the weddings together...   well, I will never get to plan my wedding with my sister. It will be the 2nd anniversary of her death this December.

i just hope you two won't fall apart.

and with the fiance, just warn her, and if she's not listening, it's her choice. just support her when she needs it.