HELP!!!! GIVING NOTICE

Hi all we are due to give notice on Tuesday at our registry office 

what will happen

What will they ask

getting slightly nervous as heard they ask all sorts 

any information would be great 

thank you 

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440

They normally sit you both together and discuss a few things, then one goes out the room and they ask questions about the other partner (then vice verse) - basically to find out if you actually know each other well enough to get married (name, date of birth, job, fathers names etc etc).

Then you are both back in the room and they go through proof of address etc (you should have a list of what you need .. Driving licence, passport, utility bill etc )

Then you discuss the service.. What you would like, songs, poems, readings, any rings, are you walking in together or separate....timings etc.

Just basically to confirm it all.

• Thank you so much very much appreciated:) 

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440

That's ok, nothing scary at all.  They just want to make sure everything is organised.

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,653 New bride

It really is just a check to make sure you know who you're marrying. We only got asked names, date of birth and occupation of each other. They checked our IDs, we paid and that was it. We were told the notice is placed in the registry office for around a month in case anyone had objections. We didn't hear anything afterwards so I chased them a few months later to check all was ok, which it was.

• Thank you I'm starting to feel at ease now was told they ask you lots of silly questions fav colour fav food etc 

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,653 New bride

Nope definitely not. I was worried about that too but its just checking the information that they record on the marriage certificate. 

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,953 New bride

Yes I heard they ask you all sorts- fave movies etc! But it's really very simple and nothing to worry about. The lady who did ours was very helpful and talked us through the while process of how it works and what we needed to do next. You don't need to tell them how you want your ceremony to run right then (music, readings etc)  but they may give you some guidelines- that you cant use religious ones etc.

• Thank you all I'm so excited about getting married then heard about this interview and made me nervous but now I feel at ease thanks again