Argh frustrated!

MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 625 New bride
edited December 2018 in Emotional support

• Sorry to hear this. Depression is a horrible monster. There's not really anything I can say to help. But I'm sure your fiance really appreciates the support you're giving him during this difficult time. Hopefully he'll go on his stag because it'll do him good, but if he doesn't that's not the worst thing in the world.

Just keep focussed on moving forward, together. This is just a bad patch, he will come through it and it'll make you stronger.

xx

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

Oh no thats not good so close to his stag and the wedding! I have suffered in the past but have been ok / manageable for years now and known others who have suffered very badly so i totally get what you are saying about it being illogical! It can be hard to admit that you can't / shouldn't do things and believe that you can manage, hopefully he will at least learn to listen to you next time but that doesn't help you now! Are his work aware / supportive? Perhaps if he does manage the stag it will help pull him out ready for the wedding? I hope so anyway :) try not to worry too much and get yourself over stressed i'm sure it's easy to forget about yourself when he needs extra support

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Aww MrsN I don't really have any advice aside from what the above ladies have said, I just want to give you a virtual hug. I hope it all clears soon and will reiterate that if he misses his stag then it is not the end of the world and if he wishes, can be delayed. Just do as you are doing and support him through this so he is in a good place for the wedding. Take care of yourself too lovely.

• Dora3Dora3 Posts: 1,218

Aww I'm sorry you're both going through this. 

Depression / mental illness is a bitch. I suffer myself and completely understand what you mean by saying it's illogical but you just can't control how your brain thinks. 

I've previously had counselling / hypnotherapy. It was a combination appointment so we did the counselling first and finished off with the hypnotherapy. It worked so well for me. I really did walk out of my appointment with the weight finally lifted from my shoulders. I was able to return to work (gradually) but I really recommend it. In the hypnotherapy I was given comfort triggers. Just by touching a certain part of my hand I get a high, happy feeling.  That was 10years ago and I still use them now. As you mentioned he uses his CBT quite well this may work well along side that? 

I really hope he comes out the other side soon for you so he can enjoy his stag and the wedding of course. Know you're never alone and that you need support too. 

Sending you a big hug xxx

• The way he is feeling isn't illogical to anyone who has suffered from depression. I'm really sorry this has happened, especially so close to the wedding. A former boyfriend of mine suffered very badly and I know the toll it can take on the partner so take care of yourself as well x