Forum home Emotional support

Thinking of calling the doc.

Yep im really stressed about everything and work to, just want to make everything go away now.  

I lost my  job before my first marriage i dont want this to happen again.  

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 586 New bride

Hi Katherine, 

a visit to the gp is a good idea, just go and chat to them. 

Identify what is stressing you out and write it all down. Then tackle them 1 by 1. 

At work I write lists of things I need to get done in a morning and again for afternoon. If u can't start the task coz it's too overwhelming then break it down into small chunks - e.g. If you have to write a letter then bullet point what needs to go in it, who does it need to go to, get out an envelope etc 

stress is completely normal, just don't ignore it if you're feeling like it's getting on top of u x

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Thanks hun, i had a bad day at work i was threatened with physical violence by a student and have soent the morning writing statements up, just too much on at once. 

I find if i get too much to do i crash and cant do any of it.  

I started a to do list and list of stuff for name changing. 

• Mrs AyseMrs Ayse Posts: 561

My friend told me to make a monthly list of things to do for the wedding rather than trying to do everything at once and then go the month when I have the time, and do it then.  I too was getting overwhelmed and I used to do events for a living!!!

Chunks is definitely the way to go.  Sorry you're having a crap time at work xx

• Missy6Missy6 Posts: 50

I'm really sorry to hear this.  I definitely think you should go to your gp and discuss stress/anxiety.  Is there maybe away that h2b/friend  can help you out if you are finding things overwhelming about the wedding? I had a panic attack at the weekend about wedding stuff, like will it rain, which is likely  as we are getting married in the wettest part of Scotland.  I met up with my friend and It really helped just chatting and meeting up with a friend. 

I hope work gets better.