Rahhhhh need a bridezilla moment!!

Ok so firstly I apologise, I'm in such a bad mood due to various things today but I'm feeling fairly irritated with my friends right now and just need to rant!!

so we're getting married in September, 6 months today but due to only having a small intimate wedding my friends haven't been invited as there are quite a few and they have partners too so decided not to invite them in order to keep costs down. One of the girls in the group is getting married in December and having a big do to which we are all invited, the majority of the girls are bridesmaids (not me) 

so as stupid as this sounds, every the December bride posts anything wedding related on Facebook all my friends are all over it with the likes and comments, generally showing their interest. Cue my 'I'm so excited to be getting married 6 months today' post and not one of them has shown an interest, no likes no comments but I know they have seen on it because they have made comments on other things on each other's walls etc.

I know it just sounds so silly and pathetic of me but this is my big moment too and yet they don't seem remotely interested, don't know whether that's because they are not invited or not but still I would expect if they take an interest in one of our groups wedding they would in mine too? 

According to my sister they have all been really excited and forthcoming about my hen do even though they won't be coming to the wedding which is really nice of them.

i don't know, maybe it's me being over sensitive and silly I just feel a bit put out that they haven't acknowledged my post today which is a big thing for me! 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Honestly I don't think this is worth getting worked up over. If they weren't coming to or showing any interest in your hen okay fair enough but it's just a Facebook post. 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I agree with Hails, please don't stress yourself out over a Facebook post! They are clearly excited about your hen so focus on that.

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440 New bride

I've been finding that since I have announced getting married, my friends have been coming out of the woodwork wanting to meet up etc.... When before they had disappeared off the face of the earth.

They don't know yet that they are not invited!

• MrsT2017MrsT2017 Posts: 224 New bride

Don't get me wrong I know I'm being totally ridiculous but just needed to vent somewhere! thought this might be the only place that I could get away with being a bridezilla for a minute! 😁 Like I said just a bad day and getting wound up by various different things! x

You're allowed to have a rarrrrr moment, I had it with my now ex bridesmaid - she was totally ignoring everything wedding related of mine, it was like it didn't exist but then I saw she was chatting like the clappers about her daughters wedding which is after mine (don't get me wrong I know she must be excited about her daughters but she was meant to be my matron of honour and there was nothing ... And I mean nothing, not even a 'how are you?')

Booo badgers that's rubbish! I know to everyone else some of these issues just seem so petty but I like to think there are other people out there that get me if only just for a minute! I mean it's not just today they do that with all my Facebook wedding related posts, I suppose it's fair enough they are going to be more excited about a wedding they are bridesmaids at as opposed to one that doesn't involve them but still to shut me up just like my post once in a while! 😂 I'm joking, this is stupid I know and more than likely exaggerated coz of a  few days elsewhere! X

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

i asked my fiance could we grab two witnesses and get married next week at the registry office:(.   Why is this all soo stressful?  Why dont people understand when a wedding post goes up you at least like it , its not too much to ask!!  

Katherine66 wrote (see post):

i asked my fiance could we grab two witnesses and get married next week at the registry office:(.   Why is this all soo stressful?  Why dont people understand when a wedding post goes up you at least like it , its not too much to ask!!  

We had the same discussion! Lol

Mrs2be2017 wrote (see post):

Booo badgers that's rubbish! I know to everyone else some of these issues just seem so petty but I like to think there are other people out there that get me if only just for a minute! I mean it's not just today they do that with all my Facebook wedding related posts, I suppose it's fair enough they are going to be more excited about a wedding they are bridesmaids at as opposed to one that doesn't involve them but still to shut me up just like my post once in a while! 😂 I'm joking, this is stupid I know and more than likely exaggerated coz of a  few days elsewhere! X

Have sent you a message 👍🏻

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 406 New bride
    Badgersbetty wrote (see post):

You're allowed to have a rarrrrr moment, I had it with my now ex bridesmaid - she was totally ignoring everything wedding related of mine, it was like it didn't exist but then I saw she was chatting like the clappers about her daughters wedding which is after mine (don't get me wrong I know she must be excited about her daughters but she was meant to be my matron of honour and there was nothing ... And I mean nothing, not even a 'how are you?')

I'm with Bagers on this one, I asked my oldest friend to be my MOH and she has been so disinterested, selfish, picky and awkward that I've ended up asking her to come just as a guest. Some people are just that way out. I've got to the point now where I think so long as me and my H2B are happy and excited then nothing else matters. 

Hope you don't let this ruin the build up to your big day though. 

• LittlespiceLittlespice Posts: 665

I mean this nicely, because you've done nothing wrong and are entitled to have a small intimate wedding if that's what you want, but I think it's unrealistic to expect your friends to be as excited about a wedding they haven't been invited to as one which they have been. You're not involving them in the day so I think it's understandable theyd be more enthusiastic about the other wedding. It's not personal - they're coming along for your hen which shows they like you and care about you and are excited you're getting married. It's only FB and I wouldn't read too much into it, I don't put much thought into what I 'like' or don't 'like' on there and expect your friends didn't either, and didn't intend it to come across the way it has.

I totally agree with you little spice, I know it's me being sensitive about silly things more than anything else. Just coupled with a bad day yesterday that's all! Alls good and I am mega excited for our wedding so it's not spoiling anything really. I'm just having a silly moment! Thank you x

• Rosegold017Rosegold017 Posts: 476

They might be worried that if they liked your post, then it could be construed as a hint that they would liked to have been invited? So they might have thought it best to stay silent. There is a lot of psychology in facebook liking :)

My lovely second cousin commented on an unrelated photo yesterday asking how all the planning was going. I haven't got the capacity to invite my second cousins so I felt a bit awkward and just glossed over it!