Forum home Emotional support

Today is the meeting of the parents!! Why did I arrange this?

Feeling very stressed and very nervous.

Must have been under the influence to organise this... Why do I think this is going to be a disaster?

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

It will be fine! Don't panic! Keep calm my lovely x 

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440 New bride

Pub lunch....

My dilemma...  Dress or white jeans and top?

Heels or flat sandals?

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

Aww don't panic! It might be a bit awkward at first but it will be fine!! Definitely best to do it before the wedding though so your not stressing about it on the day x

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I would wear a dress and little ballet pumps. 

Thank you, I'm going to go with my blue floral joules dress

Well, it happened and it was 'OK'.

My two year old screamed and a tantrumed in the restaurant most of the time... And they left very soon after the meal (but at least they came).

Phew... Next time they meet will be the wedding.

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

Glad it went well and no dramas - well apart from the toddler 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Ahhh the joys of eating out with children! This was always going to be an awkward situation so Id class this as going well, I imagine everyone was just nervous. I think in the wedding day theyll all be so happy and excited and theyll have that in common and to talk about.

I think most if mine and h2bs family have met in passing when visiting the babies or at kids parties. MIL and my nan have met the most and have a slightly passive aggressive thing going on where they compare their worst ailments. Ill make sure theyre sat far apart so nobody has to listen about tongue warts or incontinence while theyre eating 😂