Family issues

My mum is breaking my heart. We havent really ever been close which hasnt really concerned me much tbh but since we announced our wedding date she has been so off and completely evil to me.

It doesnt matter how hard i try to include her she shows next to no interest and will quite openly display her disinterest... even so far as telling me she doesnt care. So i go ahead and do my own thing only to be met with a torrent of abuse telling me i haven't included her im selfish etc then spend her entire visit berating everything i have done.

Iv literally had every aspect of my wedding and hen pulled apart by her because she truly doesnt seem to want me to be happy and im at the end of my rope with it. 

How can i get my mum involved when shes so anti everything?

Breaking point

• I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, but I think you need to ask yourself why you want your mum involved anyway if its causing you so much stress and unhappiness.

My advice would be to stop trying to involve her, and stop sharing all the details with her - as ling as you and your fiance are happy with your plans, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!  Just tell your mum when and where to be on the day, that's all she needs to know

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440

I agree, surround yourself with people who are happy for you and who are exciting and want to help without needing to be asked! X

• Just say 'you told me you didn't care so i'm doing my own thing'.

Chin up and look forward to your new family.

• This is a really sad thing to read! I completely agree with the ladies above this is your day and you need to be happy with it hun. Maybe not mention anything to her for a few weeks/months and who knows she may come round to actually asking herself. 

Has anything happened to make her so disinterested? 

Sending you a very big hug xxxx