Forum home Emotional support

TELL THE BRIDE OR NOT? PELASE HELP!!

Dear all,

for the first time this year I'm going to be the bridesmaid in one of my best friend's wedding. We met when we were 14 and now that we're 35 and she's ready to say I do, I'm helping her with many details. The problem is that she's a little bit overweight and even if she started a diet a few months ago she has had no success... and last night when we were talking about the car she choose to get to the town hall  she showed me a picture of a military Range Rover Jeep as she choose green as a colour theme.... :-(

I'm really really struggling as I do not know what to say: should I go with her choice and say that I like or tell her the truth? I don't want  that everybody will stare her once she's getting to the townhall with this car and tell that she looks like a meringue on a military jeep but at the same time I feel so bad for having to break her dream of jumpoinginto that car... any advice, even negative will be very appreciated! 

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 820 New bride

This has to be a wind up and if not then I wouldn’t consider you to be a very good friend! When you get married you can choose what you want. If you don’t like your friends choices step down as bridesmaid!

• HewelinHewelin Posts: 3

Hi Vegalou, thanks for your speedy reply! Yes, IO think the same about me,I would never hear somebody saying "no, please change this as it doesn't look nice..!" but I wrote that comment just for this reason, I wanted to know if other people had the same opinion as me so thanks for answering! ;-) 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

With all due respect, get a grip. You’re 35, why are you so concerned about her being a little bit overweight, or a green jeep? Are you worried what people will think, and if so, why? Did we not leave that behind in high school?

Stop being so mean, it’s her day and she should absolutely choose whatever the hell she wants without anyone gently reminding her that she will look fat and stupid. I think it sounds like she will look fun And happy and not like every other cookie cutter bride.

Leave her to be happy and excited, and if you get tempted to spoil it for her, step down both as a bridesmaid and a friend.

• Going out on a limb here, but..... Hi Nancy? 

If it’s not, step down from being Bridesmaid. If you can’t be happy for your friend then let someone else be there instead. 

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

Oh please let this be Nancy otherwise someone is a horrible friend. Other people's choices do not matter to you.

Overweight is not an issue when marrying and I think the jeep idea is a good one 

• MrsTraceyMrsTracey Posts: 837 New bride

Nancy!!! Haha! 

This cant be a serious post. No decent best friend or bridesmaid would treat a friend like that. Be happy for your friend and enjoy that's she's going to have the best, most fun day ever!