Forum home Emotional support

my dad not realy in to this wedding

Hi ladies me and my h2b been together 6 year everything fine with him it just my family are being so stressful.

my sis told me she was being a bridesmaid and now she refusing to sort a dress out I know I have just under a year to got to sort these problem out.

also my dad stressing me out as he refusing to wear a suit and he dose not want to walk me down the isle or do a speech I hopping he come around as he the only parent I have.

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

A year is plenty of time for you to sort bridesmaid dresses, don’t panic. Just start browsing to see what you want, but honestly you have loads of time.

As for your dad, it’s a shame he’s being like that. Is he refusing to wear a suit at all? What’s he planning on wearing?

I would plan as though he’s not going to be involved though, rather than hoping and waiting. 

I didn’t have my dad walk me down the aisle, through choice. I asked my brother instead and I’m glad I did. Is there anybody else you can ask? It doesn’t have to be family or a man, it can be anyone you choose, even your h2b if you like the idea of walking together. Or you can walk alon.

• em20em20 Posts: 2

He just want to go in jean and t-shirt and dose not want to be  Centre of attention. 

I all ready said he only has to stay in it till the  food service as that when the photgraph gose so he will only be in for the max of 4 hrs.

It only me and my sis and none of my other family are maken the wedding 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Tell him he’s not going to be the centre of anyones attention! You are! And that he’s more likely to be looked at for dressing in jeans to a wedding.