Forum home Emotional support

Hen do worries

Hi guys,

I am getting married in May in Cyprus.

I asked my bridesmaids to organise a UK hen do however we are going on a European city break!

I had only asked around 12 people anyway but because of it being abroad, and costing more than the wedding, only 6 are coming. 

I feel so down about this and almost a little upset with my bridesmaids. 

Is 6 a good number?! I feel so insecure as my partner has about 20 on his stag do!

Any comments are welcome!

Thanks

• Amy491Amy491 Posts: 58

I had 6 on my aboard hen do and it was great. I think anymore people and it would have taken us ages to get anywhere and do things

• TiaMariaTiaMaria Posts: 120

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it. I was on a hen do last year that originally around 15 were invited but in the end actually only 6 (including the bride) made it. I was a bit concerned about this, however it was actually one of the best hens I've ever been on (and I've been on A LOT!). We were actually able to just have a great time without worrying about how many people were there, making decisions on what to do etc. It was fab. 

Unfortunately when it comes to hens, life can get in the way, money, pregnancies and work can all be factors. i would honestly just enjoy it and appreciate  the people that are there. X