Frustrated! Is he getting cold feet?

Sorry but need a rant. Me and my other half are supposed to be getting married in August and haven’t sent our invites out yet. I have planned pretty much everything and he has just turned up for venue viewing, catering tasting, florist meeting etc. He hasn’t given notice yet, he wants to save money by making our own invites - I am happy to do this. But he wants to write lists all the time, buy materials but not actually make it.

He is naturally very laid back, where as I like to plan for the future. We have spoken about this and he says to not worry etc, but it is really stressing me out, as everyone keeps asking me for the invites. Should they of gone out by now? Am I overeacting? I have tried everything. I’m am losing my patience. I just wish he would pull his weight more. 

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 856 New bride

We're getting married next August and are planning to send out save the dates this August as people tend to book summer holidays a year in advance, then we're planning on sending out official invitations in April :)

How close are you to having finished making yours?

• Mrs2018Mrs2018 Posts: 398

I honestly could have wrote this about my hubby to be! He is happy to sit and write lists out with me, work out money etc but when it' come to finding and booking people that's all fell to me. I just tell him where we are going and he drives me there 😂 he also suggested making invites and happily took me supply shopping, made all sorts of complicated suggestions but then didn't help to make them. We get married in September and send invites about 2 weeks ago but that was mainly because we have people traveling from the other end of the country and we wanted to make sure we have them plenty of notice. I gave the important people the date as soon as it was booked. 

Try not to worry to much about the invites. Make them at your own pace and tell important people by word of mouth what date they will need to book of work etc :) 

• I get married in August too and plan to send invites in April. Save the dates were sent out a few months ago and people know the date so I’m not in a rush to send the official invites just yet.

My H2B is really laidback, I overhear him telling people that the wedding is pretty much all finished but in reality there is so much left to do!!!

I wouldn’t worry about him having cold feet tbh, sometimes you just have to take the reins with laid back people because they think they have all the time in the world! 

My H2B has good intentions and thinks he is pulling his weight but laidback people will never have a sense of urgency haha you can’t change them I’m afraid! X

• Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

We're getting married next August and are planning to send out save the dates this August as people tend to book summer holidays a year in advance, then we're planning on sending out official invitations in April :)

How close are you to having finished making yours?

So, after my little rant on here. We went to Hobbycraft and he actually bought all the materials for our invites, it was quiet sweet as he was taking it so seriousl. But we need to design them (similar to our save the dates) on Adobe Illustrator and cut card etc and put bits together. Hopefully will have something this weekend that is a tangible finished product of Sorts :) 

• Mrs2018 wrote (see post):

I honestly could have wrote this about my hubby to be! He is happy to sit and write lists out with me, work out money etc but when it' come to finding and booking people that's all fell to me. I just tell him where we are going and he drives me there 😂 he also suggested making invites and happily took me supply shopping, made all sorts of complicated suggestions but then didn't help to make them. We get married in September and send invites about 2 weeks ago but that was mainly because we have people traveling from the other end of the country and we wanted to make sure we have them plenty of notice. I gave the important people the date as soon as it was booked. 

Try not to worry to much about the invites. Make them at your own pace and tell important people by word of mouth what date they will need to book of work etc :) 

Thank god I’m not the only one 😂 your message has really helped to calm my nerves. We have his family travelling from Manchester and Wales and my family from Swindon etc. Time is going so fast now. He has finally booked his appointment for giving notice now 😊 so feel more relaxed. Have you got much else to plan? Thank you so much. 

• Williams2James wrote (see post):

I get married in August too and plan to send invites in April. Save the dates were sent out a few months ago and people know the date so I’m not in a rush to send the official invites just yet.

My H2B is really laidback, I overhear him telling people that the wedding is pretty much all finished but in reality there is so much left to do!!!

I wouldn’t worry about him having cold feet tbh, sometimes you just have to take the reins with laid back people because they think they have all the time in the world! 

My H2B has good intentions and thinks he is pulling his weight but laidback people will never have a sense of urgency haha you can’t change them I’m afraid! X

Haha how true! I think I will just have to learn how to work round him and not stress quiet so much 😂

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440 New bride

My man said... Women and men aren't the same.  Women like all the planning and the little bits.  Men don't, they will be happy just to turn up.

And I have to say it is true.  My husband was the same, he turned up when he needed too but I did the arranging (got a few nods here and there).

• Mrs2018Mrs2018 Posts: 398
    Future Mrs Clarke wrote (see post):
    Mrs2018 wrote (see post):

Thank god I’m not the only one 😂 your message has really helped to calm my nerves. We have his family travelling from Manchester and Wales and my family from Swindon etc. Time is going so fast now. He has finally booked his appointment for giving notice now 😊 so feel more relaxed. Have you got much else to plan? Thank you so much. 

He have family and friends traveling from London, Nottingham, Newcastle, Manchester and Spain! 

We need to book an appointment to give notice aswell. Also need to change my venue with the registrar because the original hotel cancelled my wedding! - it's a long story but I now have a better hotel anyway! 

Other than to give notice all we really have left to plan is finding a dress for me, h2b suit and making the wedding favours which I can't do til closer too :)

Keep calm it will all work out. Do you have a venue dresser? Ours has taken so much of the stress of the day from me because she is going to make it look pretty and she recommended the florist as they work closely together with the hotel I'm getting married at x