Forum home Emotional support

The wedding nightmares have started!!

Hey ladies, 

Dreamt the other night the photographer didn't turn up and was running around in my wedding dress trying to find him 😮 then lastnight (this one felt real and was horrible) I dreamt my ex was at our wedding, don't ask me why, and my new husband and ex were fighting!!!! Complete nightmare!! Arrgghh 8wks on Friday until the big day and think the stress is creeping in, I've been so good up to now! Anyone else had some awful wedding nightmares 😐 xxx

• Kitty12Kitty12 Posts: 119 New bride

About a week before my wedding, I dreamt that it was my wedding day and my stepdad decided he wasn’t going to walk me down the aisle, he just stood off to one side and kept shaking his head. Then after the ceremony, I lost my husband in the grounds of the venue, then realised that my dress was on inside out.

Luckily none of that happened on the day!

• Leannjuly18Leannjuly18 Posts: 179

Omg that's awful but good it was just a nightmare. It's crazy cos one minute you're not stressed then a silly nightmare can make u feel uneasy and change all that. Think I need to get the planning out the way asap so I can hopefully chill a bit 😜 xx

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride

Oh I've been having these aha! I had one last night that I went into the wedding dress shop and they only had like 4 dresses to try on, all which where different bright colours and didn't fit, and the shop assistant told me I had to choose one because I was getting married in half hour... 

I also had another one a week or so ago that it was my wedding morning and my dress wasn't there, so I went and picked one up from a charity shop and it was my Mum's wedding dress (which is a big meringue monstrosity). 

It's all be clothing related so far, I'll be interested to see if that changes after I go dress shopping at the weekend... 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • KittyFiennesKittyFiennes Posts: 975 New bride

I had one two nights ago, which is INSANE as we aren't having a "wedding" as such!  And I didn't have any nightmares in the run-up to our legal wedding a few years ago.  Isn't this incredibly odd??

In mine, I was running way behind schedule and wasn't going to have enough time to finish my hair and make-up and I was trying to throw together a look (and looked awful). I was sweating profusely and my hair was wet from a combination of sweat and not being properly blow dried and was a frizzy mess.  My dress looked horrible (huge puffy thing) and was hot and no one was helping me get into it so I was tripping and couldn't get the back done up.  Vendors weren't showing up, I didn't have contact info to call people, and there were people running around EVERYWHERE but despite the chaos, no one was actually helping me.  (I'm sure part of the dream was caused by the fact that our bedroom was sweltering hot that night!)

We aren't even in the planning phase anymore of our church blessing/ anniversary party that I had been hoping for, as our plans once again have become derailed by family problems, so I found this dream to be extremely weird.

• Ali217Ali217 Posts: 62

I had one a few weeks ago where no one turned up because I forgot to send out the invitations and we were frantically trying to reorganise everything for the next day. There’s still 11 months until the wedding so I’m not looking forward to the dreams closer to the day!

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316

Yes! I had one recently that the ceremony was so long and boring that people started booing...

Had a weirder one before my hen do though - dreamt that I was having an affair with the lead singer of a rock band, but he had such bad STDs that we couldn't, erm, consummate the affair... Freudian!!

• Leannjuly18Leannjuly18 Posts: 179

The mind is a funny thing isn't it. Those do all sound like proper nightmares!!! But I suppose we've just got to remember that's all they are is nightmares and all will be fine on the day (I hope 😮) Got my first dress fitting tommorow. Slightly nervous as know I've put on a little weight and hope I don't feel horrible in my dress,  let's just hope I don't have a nightmare tonight about not fitting into my dress and it coming true tommorow 😦 xx

I had a weird one last night and remembered this thread. 

I had a dream that instead of serving canapes, the caterers decided to just put out loads of massive slices of quiche lorraine, and they decided to hand it out just before the photos so everyone was eating quiche in them. And then I spoke to people about it on the day and everyone started having a go at me for being a b*tch about the quiche...

I've honestly got no idea where it came from. 

• I have been having them ever since I got engaged! A recurring one is that I picked a horrible dress, veil, I look a complete mess, nothing is organised, lots of people leave early... horrid :(

• Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,135 New bride

Now I just want to eat quiche!! 

Most of my stress dreams revolved around running late and not being able to move quick enough in my dress (which is stupid because I had a short dress).

On the actual day I was half an hour early!

• Julia82Julia82 Posts: 123

I have the giggles about the quiche. I do just love the ending - everyone had a go at me for being a bitch about quiche. 

I must strike quiche from the wedding menu.... x

Julia82 wrote (see post):

I have the giggles about the quiche. I do just love the ending - everyone had a go at me for being a bitch about quiche. 

I must strike quiche from the wedding menu.... x

I actually really like quiche- maybe subconsciously I just really want it served as canapes!