June 2018 Brides - We Get Married This Month!!!!

It's June!!! How did this come around to quickly!!

Any June brides out there feel as nervous/excited as I did this morning when I flipped the calendar over on to June??

Are we all prepared or have we all still got lots left to do? xx

• KelllieKelllie Posts: 77 New bride

I get married in 2 weeks!! This year has gone in so quickly!! 

Yep I'm defo nervous and excited!

I think i am all prepared but keep getting urges to change stuff last minute but have to control my impulses because i know it is all perfect

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316

Sush, it can't possibly be June already!

3 weeks - we do still have stuff to sort but having had a bit of a meltdown over the weekend, we've now caught up with most of the suppliers and I feel more sane! Managed to track down the flower lady, and having spoken to her I'm now really excited about our decorations. 

Only two weeks until we actually head off to the island, so this weekend is all about last minute orders and ticking things off the list. Daft things like making sure I have enough dog food and my dog's medication to see us through the trip is taking up time and brain space...

Less nervous now, more excited!

• MrsGxMrsGx Posts: 328 New bride

Awww wow 2 weeks! Mines 4 weeks so I still have some time left to finish off some DIY bits. I swear this years gone faster than any other 

Glad I'm not alone with second guessing things, but you're right, everything you've chosen will be perfect!

Have you started weather watching yet?

Elz2017 wrote (see post):

Sush, it can't possibly be June already!

3 weeks - we do still have stuff to sort but having had a bit of a meltdown over the weekend, we've now caught up with most of the suppliers and I feel more sane! Managed to track down the flower lady, and having spoken to her I'm now really excited about our decorations. 

Only two weeks until we actually head off to the island, so this weekend is all about last minute orders and ticking things off the list. Daft things like making sure I have enough dog food and my dog's medication to see us through the trip is taking up time and brain space...

Less nervous now, more excited!

Haha! Yes it's June 

Glad your flower lady finally surfaced - mine did too funnily enough! Only to say she was preparing the invoice but she still hasn't sent it. Weirdly enough I actually want to pay her because then we don't have anything outstanding!

Your brain space comment made me laugh because this week so far I've told my Mum I'm taking her to see a show for her birthday on completely the wrong day, forgot to take my car into the garage when I only booked it in last week and then yesterday I posted my niece's BM dress to her Uni address when she's at my Brothers. I'm losing my marbles! I'm blaming the wedding 

Can I ask where this Island is? x

I think it is normal to have some meltdowns this close. 

I am also getting married on an island so i'm constantly panicking that everything won't fit in the car to go on ferry, or if the ferry brakes down ect ect... 

excitement outweighs the anxiety so its all good

I'm intrigued by these island weddings! Sounds blissful.

We're heading for Arran - and I'm totally with you Kellie on the fitting stuff into the car/ferry panic! Which island are you off to?

MissGx - brain space is minimal, I've been doing exactly the same type of thing - not helpfully, stuff like doing a report then totally forgetting to actually send it to a client... I keep forgetting I do have to work until we leave, as well as get excited! Glad you found your flower lady! We just have an AWOL celebrant now, sure she'll turn up. 

• QueenDQueenD Posts: 325 New bride

2 weeks for us!! whoop whoop

We ready, last day of work today then off to get married wow I don't think I realise yet!

Family coming from all over Ghana, France, Ivory Coast, Belgium, Switzerland, US etc. I think once we'll start having family around, my brain will finally realise : the wedding is near!!

Good luck to you all ladies, it's our month xx

Mine's on Gigha

I'm constantly weather watching, not sure how accurate 16 day weather forecast is but so far its looking good :) 

QueenD wrote (see post):

We ready, last day of work today then off to get married wow I don't think I realise yet!

Family coming from all over Ghana, France, Ivory Coast, Belgium, Switzerland, US etc. I think once we'll start having family around, my brain will finally realise : the wedding is near!!

Oh wow, how wonderful to have people from far away - who you probably don't see often - coming over! Joyful!  

Kelllie wrote (see post):

Mine's on Gigha

I'm constantly weather watching, not sure how accurate 16 day weather forecast is but so far its looking good :) 

Beautiful. :-) Yup, I;m just not looking at the forecast yet, can't cope with the uncertainty! As long as it doesn't storm badly, if our guests can't get there and the tent guys can't put the tent up we're so screwed. Like you say, it's looking ok so far, and Calmac are pretty good for doing the run even in pretty bad weather!

yeah calmac are good, gigha and arran are fairly short hops on the ferry they don't usually get disturbed too much. 

Mine's at the beach so as long as there isn't a tsunami it will all be good everyone can get a little windswept if need be lol.

• QueenDQueenD Posts: 325 New bride
    QueenD wrote (see post):

Oh wow, how wonderful to have people from far away - who you probably don't see often - coming over! Joyful!  

Yeees we can't wait!!  

yeah calmac are good, gigha and arran are fairly short hops on the ferry they don't usually get disturbed too much. 

Mine's at the beach so as long as there isn't a tsunami it will all be good everyone can get a little windswept if need be lol.

Honestly, I think most of my guests are just expecting it to heave rain all weekend, so anything better than a downpour will be a bonus to them. 

Which reminds me - must order Avon skin so soft for the midges...

• Almost 2 weeks to go, I’ve become unhealthily obsesses with the weather and I wish I could just stop that part. Otherwise feeling excited and keep wanting to make last minute purchases.

Kelllie & Elz2017 - I'm actually quite jealous! I did a tour of Scotland for a couple of weeks in 2016 and the scenery up there took my breath away! It's so beautiful. Hope you both manage to get everything on the ferries OK 

QueenD - How exciting having all the family come over! It's like double excitement - you get to see family you must not see too often and get married!!

it's been absolutely beautiful up here last few weeks (i'm not too far from the islands) its been a wee heatwave so fingers crossed it will be all good, anything that's not rain is defo gonna be a bonus although i do have my wet weather option just incase. 

absolutely stock up on skin so soft, they wont be too bad through the day but they are bloody awful in the evening!

• Future-Mrs-GFuture-Mrs-G Posts: 148

3wks for me , just few little bits left to do now , it's come round so quickly xx

• Blush2018Blush2018 Posts: 247 New bride

Omg it’s our month girls!!! I had a nightmare about the wedding last night, and was grateful it was a dream haha

anyone else had strange dreams?

i also keep looking at accuweather and our wedding is 3 weeks away!!

• Blush2018Blush2018 Posts: 247 New bride

Also, I’m convinced that my florist will have forgotten what we wanted. I’ve not spoken to them in months. How will they remember?!

they just wrote the flowe names on a scrap of paper 

• Blush2018 wrote (see post):

Omg it’s our month girls!!! I had a nightmare about the wedding last night, and was grateful it was a dream haha

anyone else had strange dreams?

i also keep looking at accuweather and our wedding is 3 weeks away!!

Same and same! The dreams are all very strange where literally everything just goes wrong (people don’t bother to turn up) also obsessed with accu weather

• AmyrosieAmyrosie Posts: 134 New bride

This time next Saturday I’ll be walking down the aisle right now!

now that’s a scary thought!

• Kelllie wrote (see post):

it's been absolutely beautiful up here last few weeks (i'm not too far from the islands) its been a wee heatwave so fingers crossed it will be all good, anything that's not rain is defo gonna be a bonus although i do have my wet weather option just incase. 

absolutely stock up on skin so soft, they wont be too bad through the day but they are bloody awful in the evening!

I've just got back from Scotland (drove back yesterday) and the weather has been the best we've ever had, and we've been going every year for the past 8 years.

Fingers crossed for everyone getting married up there soon. 

And does that cream work? We're getting married next to Loch Lomond next year and although the midges aren't too bad where are getting married, it might be an idea, plus I can recommend it to my guests.

KerryNash2B wrote (see post):

I've just got back from Scotland (drove back yesterday) and the weather has been the best we've ever had, and we've been going every year for the past 8 years.

Fingers crossed for everyone getting married up there soon. 

And does that cream work? We're getting married next to Loch Lomond next year and although the midges aren't too bad where are getting married, it might be an idea, plus I can recommend it to my guests.

I've not tried it before, but came across it on hiking forums where most seem to agree it works really well. I'll report back in a couple of weeks - I'm usually eaten alive by bitey insects so if it works I'll shout it from the roof tops. Have a deep fear of being covered in bites in my strapless dress...

• MrsH_18MrsH_18 Posts: 33

It's so exciting!! I still have the month to get through before ours on 30 June but it's only 3 weekends to go now! Eeeeeeeek good luck to all of the June brides!

I'm desperate to find some non-stinky gnat repellent (they love me and we have a pond near the barns that we are getting married/having the reception in) - anyone have ANY recommendations at all? Tried some over the weekend but it smelled so strongly it just isn't ideal for me! I want to smell of my Jo Malone stuff, not bug repellent! Does that Avon stuff work well?!

MrsH 2B wrote (see post):

It's so exciting!! I still have the month to get through before ours on 30 June but it's only 3 weekends to go now! Eeeeeeeek good luck to all of the June brides!

I'm desperate to find some non-stinky gnat repellent (they love me and we have a pond near the barns that we are getting married/having the reception in) - anyone have ANY recommendations at all? Tried some over the weekend but it smelled so strongly it just isn't ideal for me! I want to smell of my Jo Malone stuff, not bug repellent! Does that Avon stuff work well?!

I've heard the Avon Skin So Soft stuff does work. I bought some for my Mum who is always getting bitten by something and it seems to have helped. Smells good too!

I'm 30th June too! We are so close now! 

Amyrosie wrote (see post):

This time next Saturday I’ll be walking down the aisle right now!

now that’s a scary thought!

Oh my goodness!!! That's come around so quickly. You must be excited this week!

• MrsH_18MrsH_18 Posts: 33
    MissGx wrote (see post):
    MrsH 2B wrote (see post):

I've heard the Avon Skin So Soft stuff does work. I bought some for my Mum who is always getting bitten by something and it seems to have helped. Smells good too!

I'm 30th June too! We are so close now! 

Ah I might order some and give it a try before the day! Thank you :)

Its coming up so quickly and got plenty to do before then as well!

Really, REALLY need to stop looking at the weather forecasts...

Also really looking forward to hearing how this week's weddings go! 

Really, REALLY need to stop looking at the weather forecasts...

Also really looking forward to hearing how this week's weddings go! 

I'm lucky the forecast doesn't show as far as my date yet. And although I know there's absolutely nothing I can do about the weather and I'm determined to not let it negatively affect the day in any way.... I'd be lying if I said I won't be on weather watch on the week running up to it, because I know I will be.

I'm looking forward to hearing about this weeks weddings too