Forum home Emotional support

Dress regret 😢

I know there are so many threads like this and I really never thought I would be this person because I am really quite laid back, but I'm a bit upset about my dress on the day and would just love to hear some words of wisdom right now!  So the wedding went brilliantly, everyone had a great time and I now have the most wonderful husband. However, although I loved the look of my dress, I have seen some guests photos and in them you can see that the liner at the top of my dress (v-neck) was poking out on the left side. It did this in fittings but the seamstress said to just shuffle in around until it fitted right. I thought I had done this but obviously with the rush and excitement of the day I didn't get it right. I'm really kicking myself that I didn't even manage to dress myself properly and worried what the pro pics will look like. I actually feel physically sick when I look at the pics. I've told my husband but he insists that I looked beautiful, but he would say that!  Just after some reassurance I guess. I suppose I could have the pro pics photoshopped 😢

• Julia101Julia101 Posts: 162 New bride

So I can see the liner poking out here, and it looks more obvious in any taken from the right side. Am I overreacting or can you really notice it? 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,136 New bride

Genuinely all I noticed first was how tiny your waist is and how flat your stomach is to be able to wear a dress like that. I was expecting something much more noticeabl. Don’t worry. I’m sure it’s only from certain angles anyway and worst case your photographer could probably edit but I really doubt it’s needed. Try and concentrate on your husbands compliments and how stunning the rest of the dress looked on you. 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride

I doubt anyone even noticed, and as you moved around it probably just showed occasionally, I doubt it was like that all day. You look fantastic, I really wouldn't worry about it.

• Perfection doesn't exist. It doesn't look glaringly obvious, and I guarantee that more than 50% of attendees didn't even notice (no men would for a start). If it bothers you, get it photoshopped out of your favourite pix. My tiara went a little wonky at my wedding, these things happen. Please don't become obsessed with it! You had a great day and loved every minute and nothing can take that away. To me, the worst that could happen would be falling ill on the day. I had a migraine at our church blessing, and I read about a bride who had bad toothache on the day. Now that's something to curse! 

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 589 New bride

i agree that my eyes went straight to you figure and how beautifully the dress fitted you.

to see what you meant I zoomed in.

when we’re aware of something we focus on it straight away but honestly you look great. If it Really bothers you then have it edited out but it’s really only minor.

Glad you and your guests had a lovely day x

• Zara29Zara29 Posts: 105

I noticed it but ONLY because you pointed it out, I then very quickly went on to think what a beautiful dress it was and how elegant (and slim!) you look. Also, the detailing on the shoulders is so classy.

Honestly wouldn't worry :)

• I didn't notice it at all; I stared and stared and then had to re-read your post to figure out what you were talking about. Not kidding.  Your dress is absolutely gorgeous and you have a lovely figure to match. I'm sure no one noticed at all. 

Wedding dresses are odd creations. There is just so much going, between beading and illusion necklines and reverse necklaces and hoops and linings...and on and on. I doubt there is a single bride that can look at her pictures and not see something that didn't hang quite right, sit quite right. 

I wouldn't worry about it at all.

• I had to re-read your post to see what you were talking about! Your dress flatters your figure so much, I was too busy thinking that! I very much doubt many if any people noticed. Don't worry about it! 

• Another person who had to reread your post to understand what you were talking about. Honestly nobody will notice. However if it does upset you a lot, let me re-assure you that its really easy to edit that put in Photoshop. Something I could do myself without batting an eyelid. So if it bothers you and will ruin your pictures, ask your photographer to retouch it

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I didn’t notice it, honestly, I thought your picture was an advert and nothing related to the original post.

However, I know what you mean. My dress was fine to begin with, but towards the end of the day my bra strap rode up and was visible (low back dress and a bra converter. I’m having the photos edited to remove it, and I suppose any guests who noticed will have long since forgotten. But it is a shame when it happens to you!

Were only human and these things happen, I’m sure you’re photographer can help, and your guests won’t remember.