Forum home Emotional support

3 days to go and I've got a uti!

II just need to moan sorry! I get married Saturday and I've suddenly developed a bad uti! I've had a run around getting meds for it today but have finally managed it but the pharmacist has told me that because it's a bad one the anti biotics she could give me might not even work! Last time I got one this badly I ended up in hospital for a week unable to even walk! I'm feeling really rubbish about it all and worrying that I won't be better in time for saturday 😭😭😭

• I hate to say it, but you might not be well by Saturday. Take your meds and drink plenty of fluids, there isn't much else you can do.

And forget the cranberry juice wives tale. They've done studies on it and the quantity of cranberries you'd have to consume for any level of effectiveness was in the kilos.  Stick with water; it's purpose is to flush the system, which it does, and it's calorie free.

I'm really sorry this has happened.  I was really sick at my first wedding too.

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

You probably won't be able to get any in time but D Mannose powder is wonderful for a uti, I should know because I've been getting them regularly for the last 6 years. Holland and Barrett sell it. If you can't get any then try bicarb of soda in warm water, it tastes horrible but will help. I agree with not bothering with cranberry juice as it does nothing. 

What antibiotics have they given you?