Forum home Emotional support

Wedding-induced stress: how to deal with it?

My wedding is in 3 weeks and, honestly, it has been an incredibly stressful experience so far. There's one thing after another, i.e. finding a new photographer on short notices, worrying about the rings that STILL aren't ready, etc. There are just too many guests, I have no idea how to fit them all in such a small restaurant. Me and my fiancé are stressed out of our minds – we cannot even LOOK at each other these days. Oh, and also – we now have major problems in the bedroom. How does one deal with all of that? I'm at the end of my rope, I'm starting to think that this wedding was a BAD IDEA. :'(

• Just remember why you're doing this - you're making a commitment to someone you love and have chosen to spend the rest of your life. Ultimately, the rest doesn't matter (as nice as a wonderful wedding is). 

You'll find a photographer, if you haven't already. So what if you don't have 'the' rings on the day? Buy some cheap ones from a shop to use as tokens on the day. As for too many guests, there's not much you can do there, it's a little bit too late to start recalling invites and if you didn't think they'd all fit in, why did you invite so many?

Take an evening to sit down with your fiancé, go out and enjoy each others company, don't talk about the wedding and just remind yourself why you're with this person and why you're doing this. The rest will fall into place.

xx