Bridesmaid selection regret - help!

Hello fellow brides. I am in a horrible situation that I can’t figure out how to deal with, and it’s causing me anxiety and stress. I’ve selected 5 bridesmaids which was made in haste and without proper thinking about our friendships and now, over time have realised that 2 of the 5 are not “true friends”. Things have happened that have made me realise these girls do not appreciate my friendship or deserve to be standing next to me on my big day. Another factor is that I have since costed out how much everything is going to be for the bridesmaids and it’s way over what I had budgeted for which is giving me more stress as I simply can’t afford it all. The wedding is not for another year and nothing has been bought for the BMs etc. My fiancé reckons as I’ve asked them it’s too late to change things. Any advice would be appreciated. Sara xxx

• MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    I think the first thing you need to decide is whether you want these people at your wedding full stop. If you do, then I would tell them that budget is tight for BMs and that you just can't afford to have 5 but also that you'd like them to enjoy the experience as a guest (just in case they offer to pay for their own stuff, although if they're not great friends, I doubt they would). 

Tell them it's nothing personal (even though it actually is) and if you really need to, say you're just trying to even up numbers with the groom's tribe although that means he's limited to 3 too. 
  • SarasaraSarasara Posts: 2 New bride
    Thanks for your suggestion. I’m still unsure what to do but hopefully it’ll work out x