Forum home Emotional support

Maid of Honour dilemma

I'm in a dilemma. I'm getting married in February and over a year ago I told my MoH I would like to have a week away with her in January so we can get a bit of colour. She was well up for it and we agreed to save and book a last minute bargain. Last week she admitted she only had £50 saved and if her car fails its MOT in Jan she wont be able to afford to go. At the time I said it was ok and we'll come up with a plan b, a long weekend in the uk. The more I think about it the more angry/annoyed I am, as I really want to go away and get a tan to make my dress look even more amazing. What do I do? Do I still go either on my own or with someone else? Offer to pay for her and she can pay me back? Or forget about going abroad and have the weekend in the uk, and try to enjoy it?

• I mean, for a start i don't think its unreasonable of her at all to not be able to go and shes given you plenty of notice.
    What tou decide to do, well thats entirely up to you, but i dont think offering to pay for her is the way forward. If shes tight on money it will make it awkward for her to say no, and she may struggle to pay you back which honestly can cause a lot of issues in a friendship. 

I think you either go on your own, or just use sunbeds, you dont need a holiday abroad to get a tan.
  • Dont fancy getting cancer either by using a sunbed
  • clare.nye said:
    Dont fancy getting cancer either by using a sunbed
    You can get cancer from the sun too 🤷‍♀️ Spending 10 minutes 3 times a week on a sunbed for a few weeks is less damaging than prolonged exposure in the sun
  • clare.nye said:
    Dont fancy getting cancer either by using a sunbed
    Yeah that's actually ridiculous. You do realise that cancer isn't just for people that use sunbeds? If youre that bothered go on holiday on your own then, but why spend all that money for the same outcome as sunbeds if youre literally just going for a tan.
  • Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 589 New bride
    Wow, to be annoyed /angry that your moh can't go away for a week with you so you can get a tan (and has given 4 months notice) is ott.
    A bit upset or disappointed? Yes.

Agree that it's ridiculous you thinking going on a sun bed is worse than a week away in the sun!

Why not go away with someone else? I wouldn't suggest u paying for it and then trying to get the money back from her.