Forum home Archived For the groom

ive had a reply from footy club

from man utd and i think its tacky its a piece of paper with red heart border signed by alex

but im sure h2b will like it

i hope so!

[Modified by: sammy84 on 21 May 2008 16:27:19 ]

• billstoolbillstool Posts: 111
    I know! I was like 'Ok...' but like you say, H2B will be thrilled..still I dont think it'll be going on display in the house afterwards!!
  • ScottEasbyScottEasby Posts: 1,271
    I would like to get one for H2B.. wedding is in Dec.. when is a good time to get it organised? Is the letter dated??
    No you tell them the date your getting married & the certificate say 'Congrats on your wedding day on...' so it's like it's been sent to be read out on the day. It took about 2-3 weeks to get mine, but I think they'd had lots and lots of requests with all the summer weddings coming up, but still I'd do it sooner rather than later & then that's 1 less thing to do closer to the time!
    do you think now i ok.. even tho we are 7 months away? Won't they think I'm being a pest?
    O no, I think they do this pretty regularly for people, it seemed pretty routine, so I dont think they'll think it's too early! But still, I'm a complete bridezilla so I got mine way early!
  • cutlersukcutlersuk Posts: 149
    Hi Girls

i sent an email a week last Thursday evening to Liverpool FC and i had a response back Friday morning i gave her my details and the date of the wedding which is in December it arrived yesterday which i was well chuffed about. My fiance thought it was for him as it came in a board backed A4 envelope and he was expecting some comics. i think the same as you sammy84 its on a A4 landscape paper and it dont know whether it also looks tacky i dont know what i was expecting especially with it not not costing me anything am sure my fiance will be really touched though and thats the main thing. Are you putting it in a frame ?

[Modified by: cutlers on May 24, 2008 10:36 AM]
    Hi Girls

i sent an email a week last Thursday evening to Liverpool FC and i had a response back Friday morning i gave her my details and the date of the wedding which is in December it arrived yesterday which i was well chuffed about my fiance thought it was from him as it came in a board backed A4 envelope i think the same as you sammy84 its on a A4 landscape paper and it dont know whether it also looks tacky i dont know what i was expecting especially with it not not costing me anything am sure my fiance will be really touched though and thats the main thing. Are you putting it in a frame ?
  • hi everyone i'm new to this site today,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me the address of where they sent the email to liverpool fc.

I'm getting in married in 10 weeks and wanted to surprise my h2b with a little gift.

Hi Kellygill02

if you go onto the the Liverpool FC website and then go to contact us at the top right hand corner and then contact again and hightlight i wish to contact the club and then you can send an email to you hightlight it as either other or public relations and send then you should get a response hope this helps x
    Yeah I'm framing mine; it's tacky but H2B will love it!

Read on another thread that someone is going to give it to the bestman on the morning & ask him to include it in the speech, as in 'Sir Alex Feguson cant be here today, but sent his congratulations!' and then hand over the framed certificate to the groom; not sure about that though!

G.
    see that's what i'm doing.. getting Bm to add it to the speech.. but I ma getting it sent from Arsenal as my H2B is a Man U fan ha ha
  • delightfulukdelightfuluk Posts: 737
    Quoted:
    Hi Kellygill02

if you go onto the the Liverpool FC website and then go to contact us at the top right hand corner and then contact again and hightlight i wish to contact the club and then you can send an email to you hightlight it as either other or public relations and send then you should get a response hope this helps x

thanks for that!
    Hehe! Yeah I'm sure BM could have a field day with 'best wishes from Arsnal fotty club!!' for a Man U fan image
  • hi everyone,

Thanks for the replys, i sent an email to liverpool fc and didn;t hear anything back from them, i went to send another email and it had an address to send a letter to so i did that on friday so waiting to hear back,

• sammy84uksammy84uk Posts: 780
    hi i was going to get it read out in the speaches and the best man to give it him but now seeing it im not so sure my just give it him in the morning
  • MonkeysBrideMonkeysBride Posts: 2,013
    hey gina, how did you contact arsenal?