Forum home Archived For the groom

Wedding Present for the Groom

I'm trying to rack my brain for original ideas for a wedding present for my h2b! What do you get a man that has everything!??

Please help!!!!:\?

• mattselbymattselby Posts: 314
    As a few people would expect from me...

Does he like watches...?image
  • lozzyuk1lozzyuk1 Posts: 1,910
    a gift experience - eg my brother is getting a steam train driver for the day

• I was thinking that too. I would be good to give my h2b a gift experience, something along the lines for a motorbike track day x
  • puntobabepuntobabe Posts: 446
    Im getting my H2B two pressies, firstly our wedding theme includes love hearts so I'm getting him a personalised silver love heart... http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m11/claireandgareth/Brides Pics - not for Gareth to see/personalisedloveheart.jpg Secondly, he's a huge fan of motorbikes, and knows that I will never get on one as I'm terrified of them (had a cousin die from a motorcycle accident), and so I'm going to get a sexy (poss in sexy underwear) picture taken of me on one of his mates motorcycles.
  • RhianukRhianuk Posts: 659
    I am getting small things and wrapping them up and putting messages on them to give to H2B on the morning of the wedding e.g.

pair of socks - so you don't get cold feet

miniature of wisky - for dutch courage!

bottle of water - so your throat is not dry

a rolo - because I love you enough

etc
  • I saw an advert in a wedding magazine for a 'For Yours Eyes Only' photographs and was thinking this might be a good gift but I think it can be quite expensive.

• rhian2 - that is such a good idea! I love the reasons why...socks so you dont get cold feet etc etc. I'm having the same problem as you all and cant do "experience days" as dont live in the UK. Would you mind if I pinched your idea rhian2? Pretty please!

SammyR xxx
  • I've hired h2b a porsche for day b4 wedding & for wedding day so h2b & his best man can arrive in style, also bought him a sterling silver my last rolo.
  • hi girls i have an idea for a gift for our grooms why dont u get him a book on his football team i have it for my h2b and it has newspaper headlines and stories from the last 100 yrs

sharon

All ideas are quite welcome to be stolen, SammyR! If you have any similar ideas, please let me know, as I am always trying to think of not too expensive things.
  • MrsSW2B

would you mind sharing where you got your silver 'last rolo' from. We are chocoholics and rolos are our favourite sweets

Thanks

Andrea x
    Quoted:
    MrsSW2B

would you mind sharing where you got your silver 'last rolo' from. We are chocoholics and rolos are our favourite sweets

Thanks

Andrea x

Firebox is one of the best places, some place I'm getting the siver love heart from..

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=739
    The silver rolo is cheaper on www.drop365.com (£29.95 there)
    another idea! a little clock (so you won't be late)
  • I vacillating between a hot air balloon ride over London, Tiffany cufflinks or a painting done of the two of us. The latter is a little corney though... this may take some more thought especially as for my present he's extended our honeymoon in Botswana for a few days to go to the Victoria Falls. I wasn't supposed to know but he cannot keep a secret from me for too long!
    Quoted:
    The silver rolo is cheaper on www.drop365.com (£29.95 there)

oh yeah, the silver love heart is cheaper on there too, but they dont engrave it like Firebox
  • rhian2........key - key to my heart?!!

SammyR xxx
  • I was thinking of doing a photo book - getting photos of us from similar stages in our lives (e.g first bike, first day at school, graduation etc) right through to ones of us together. You can order them through the usual photo sites like Jessops
  • nicandleenicandlee Posts: 1,743
    i'm the same i've not got a clue what to buy him, i am thinking of having the fyeo photo's though
    SammyR - I love the key to my heart idea!
  • I was thinking of getting a silver heart shaped bottle stopper engraved with our initials on it.

I didn't want to go for the watch - he has only recently had an expensive one. I couldn't do the FYEO photos - not brave enough!!!!

I need something else and love the silver rolo idea - but may think of that for our last valentines day as single people!!!

Have a look at this

http://www.brideandgroomdirect.co.uk/ProductCluster.cfm?prev=1&TempPrev=0&blnPreviewRequestSubmitted=0&recordsperpage=12&CompletedOrder=0&sBasketID=0&ClusterItem=Clust5632&iSubGroupID=1801&alogo=1&menu=none&morethanonepage=YES&HostDomain=0&FirstTimeThrough=1&option=ProductCluster.cfm&format=xx&CFID=16828136&CFTOKEN=33558888
  • Why has that post gone all funny!
  • rhian2.....fluffy handcuffs to let him know whats to come!!! And an apron to let him know he's in charge of the washing up in married life!!

SammyR xxx
    SammyR - maybe a t-shirt printed with ''Mr [your surname]''?
  • Quoted:
    I was thinking that too. I would be good to give my h2b a gift experience, something along the lines for a motorbike track day x
  • im gonna get my h2b some cufflinks maybe a pair of silky boxer shorts and gonna send him one red rose and write something to go with it. was gonna get him an engraved pocket watch but want im to be able to use it again.
  • SammyR and rhian2 your ideas are great i have only got 30 days till i get married and only just thought of getting him a present may i pinch a few of your ideas.
  • Hi Girls....I am getting H2b a bottle of personalised Champagne with our names and wedding date and the words engraved - I cant wait to see you down the aisle.

• IM HAVING THE FYEO THING DONE NEXT WK SO NERVOUS WILL PUT APOST ON WHEN DONE.WISH ME LUCK. XX IF ANYONE IS CONSIDERING THIS LET ME KNOW IF I RECCOMEND SOMEONE THEY GET £100 OFF THERE £250 SHOOT.

[Modified by: kellyc on January 19, 2007 09:15 AM]
  • nicandleenicandlee Posts: 1,743
    i've booked my FYEO in july, i'm really looking forward to it