Writing to celebs...what to put in the letters!

Hey everyone,

I know that there are hundreds of posts on here about writing to celebs but I was wondering what people are actually writing in their letters.

I know it sounds stupid but I dont write to celebs all that often (or at all in fact) so for example, who do I actually address the letter to? Do I put 'Dear Gary Linekar' etc or write it 'To whom it may concern' if I'm just sending it to a generic address?

I'm sorry to be so daft but any advice to up my chances of gettting a reply would be greatly appreciatedimage

Also, I was planning to send a congratulations card to be signed, has anyone had any luck with that or is better just to ask for a photo?

Thank you!

x

• I addressed it to the person/people I was wanting the letter from.

All my letters (sent quite a few!) All go along the lines of:

- Getting married on XX XXX 2009

- Huge fan of yours - details of why etc

I am not sure if this is something you could be able to do for me but I was wondering if it was possible for you to send a message that can be passed on to the bride and groom. Or I have enclosed a card which I hope you may be able to sign.

Thanks in advance

etc etc

xx
  • aj10baj10b Posts: 468
    cruella

i did the same as you.i enclosed a card in a stamped addressed envelope.

i put dear ub40 and dear sean(bean).when i read them back i couldnt stop laughing i sounded like a 14 year old groupie especially when i asked for photos as well LOL!!

i sent them anyway.
  • salsaspinsalsaspin Posts: 4,098
    I'd say be polite and to the point.

Personally I would address the letter to Mr Linekar as I think it is rude to write to someone you don't know by using their first name - a personal opinion, but also good etiquette!

As far as content goes, I owuld put something like:

Dear Mr x

I am writing to you in the hope that you can help me.

My husband Joe Bloggs is a big fan of yours and I thought it would be a wonderful surprise for him if, on the morning of our forthcoming wedding, I could present him with a letter of congratulations from his hero - you!

If you are happy to help me in this matter our wedding is on 20th April 2009: I have enclosed a stamped addressed envelope for your use.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this letter, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely

Miss Y
  • Thanks for your help everyone, I dont feel such a fool now! I agree with you aj10b that wrting these letters makes me feel like a groupie, thats why I wanted to know what everyone else was writing so I didnt make a fool of myself lol!

I feel more confident now so thank you ladiesimage

x