Forum home Archived For the groom

He's my lobster!!!

Hi girls,

I am sure many of you know that I am referring to 'Friends' in my subject line but i just wanted to share what present I am getting for my H2B on the wedding morning. I know its pretty odd but I am adopting a baby lobster as we are both Friends fans and he will love the sentiment (maybe a little too soppy or cringey for some of you!) Its not very expensive at all , from £1.50 and you can even adopt two and have them sent into the wild together once they are more developed.

If anyone is interested here is the link

http://www.nationallobsterhatchery.co.uk/adopt_a_lobster.html

xx

• abudukabuduk Posts: 565
    That is brilliant! Might have to do this as a "Something for the box"!
  • RhianHutchRhianHutch Posts: 531
    That is so cute & a really gr8 idea!! I love it image Not sure how my H2B would feel about a lobster but we love visiting Chester Zoo (was our 1st wknd away together!) so could adopt one of his fav animals there as a gift! Thanx for the inspiration!! xx
  • robstersgirlrobstersgirl Posts: 4,161
    My H2B's nickname is Robster,how cool would that be-

"A lobster For Robster" image
  • fairybellefairybelle Posts: 288
    love this idea!! i love that episode of friends. when i had to go away with work once i found a lobster shaped cushion (in the post office of all places!!) that he still has now!
  • LOL, this is great, but my h2b just wouldn't get it! He rolls his eyes and disappears onto the computer whenever friends is on!!
  • MVenn_2_BMVenn_2_B Posts: 367
    Quoted:
    Hi girls,

I am sure many of you know that I am referring to 'Friends' in my subject line but i just wanted to share what present I am getting for my H2B on the wedding morning. I know its pretty odd but I am adopting a baby lobster as we are both Friends fans and he will love the sentiment (maybe a little too soppy or cringey for some of you!) Its not very expensive at all , from £1.50 and you can even adopt two and have them sent into the wild together once they are more developed.

xx

What an amazing idea! i love this, i call h2b my lobster too... (friends related also) but he does this weird dance he calls his lobster dance!! ha ha don't ask!

but that's an absolutely fantastic idea!..

Michelle..x
  • weedleukweedleuk Posts: 269
    I love this!! What a great idea xx
  • Wow - me and h2b love love love friend - that is a perfect present to go in the box! Thanks for the idea!! xx
  • MummyJKMummyJK Posts: 36
    that is an absolutely fab idea. both me & my h2b love friends & say that to each other!! thanks for the info xxxx
  • supertabbysupertabby Posts: 1,125 New bride
    I wonder how many couples are "lobsters" thanks to friends LOL. H2B isn't really into friends (I definately am!) but he did see the lobster episode and has been calling me his lobster ever since!

We did eat lobster at our local chinese on Thursday.. I wonder if that makes us cannibals?
  • Thanks for this idea ansomemaid, how fab!

I've also been wondering what else to put into my h2b's morning box - this will be great.
  • veromiaveromia Posts: 127
    So glad you guys found my post useful!!! xx
  • I'm another lover of Friends and this is a great idea!! thanks ansomemaid! x
  • Cool idea!!!

I adopted a shark for my H2B, for our 3-month anniversary. We chose a shark because it means something special for the two of us. I did not know you could adopt a lobster at the time! image
  • I've just been on the website and there's a picture of a lady and it looks like she's giving the lobster a surfing lesson, so cute! Fab idea hun!
  • Love that idea, H2B does not love Friends as much as me unfortunately! We do have a long running personal joke about ducks - am now wondering if it's possible to adopt a duck!?!?
  • EMJ2BEMJ2B Posts: 934
    Ansomemaid this is a terrific idea! What a good way to put a smile on h2b's face! He always calls me his lobster! love it!! Thank you so much for posting this idea! I'm so glad I came across this!

• What an amazing idea!! Well done for thinking of it!!!

• Awww I LOVE this idea, but my h2b is not a friends fan at all, so it would be wasted. So sad, maybe I'll try hypnotising him into liking it lol!

[Modified by: mrsclaridge2b on April 23, 2009 12:38 PM]

• MrsKeyte2BeMrsKeyte2Be Posts: 304
    My H2B is a huge friends fan and will love this! I've just downloaded the form and will be sending it off tonight! Am opting to get the soft toy lobster to go with it!! Yey!!! xx
  • EMJ2BEMJ2B Posts: 934
    are you guys doing the his and hers lobsters or just one lobster! This is hilarious! Never thought I'd be adopting a Lobster!!! hahahaha
  • QUEENCLEO82QUEENCLEO82 Posts: 479
    Fab idea chick

• BostonBrideBostonBride Posts: 101
    I love this idea to I'm going to do it too, wedding not till september so going to wait a little closer to the time I think, Thank you so much for the liink!
  • veromiaveromia Posts: 127
    We're not getting married until Halloween but I'm going to go for the his and hers lobsters as I think its really funny!! Glad you guys like the idea. We live in Cornwall so we are aware of the hatchery - bet they are glad that I told you all, they'll be inundated!! xx
  • kellyalwkellyalw Posts: 115
    Thats brilliant!! We went to the hatchery in November and it is fantastic, well worth the visit!!!
  • TattieBooTattieBoo Posts: 473
    Quoted:
    Hi girls,

xx

Can i say what a totally genius idea this is - and super sweet too - i'm going to do this. xxx
  • mrsmajor2bmrsmajor2b Posts: 50
    This is genius. I love it!

Thanks ansomemaid.
  • cicizoomercicizoomer Posts: 257
    Oh my god this is brill!!

Me and my uni housemates ALWAYS use to go on about the Lobster thing! If we were talking about boyrfriends we'd throw in stuff like 'Yeah, but is he your lobster?!?' We both only ever said that our current guys were our lobsters and now we're both getting married to them!

Thanks so much for the website - Her wedding is reall soon, I've already got her some lobster stuff for her hen do and paid some money towards the honeymoon but going to get them the lovers lobsters for their wedding too!! And defo doing the same for my Groom's wedding box!

Love it!
  • MrsKeyte2BeMrsKeyte2Be Posts: 304
    H2B's plus lobster and certificate has arrived! I named him Pinchy (What Homer calls his Lobster in The Simpsons) - think he'll really like this. Thanks Ansomemaid! xx
  • clarryclarry Posts: 3,311
    What a fab idea! Might have to pinch this one x