Forum home Archived For the groom

Mighty Aphrodite - just had my shoot!

Well, after reading a number of posts on here I decided to take the plunge and book package 1 with MA.

I am soooo glad I did! Leigh and Zena were great, really open and welcoming from the moment I spoke to them on the phone. I went there with a thought that I think I could do the naked shots but once I got there I was sure I could - and lo and behold within three minutes I was naked!

Now, I am not the type to go around without clothes on - it's very rare that my fiance sees me without clothes on - I have recently lost 2.5 stone and I still have the 'bigger' image of me in my head - I think I am a little body dysmorphic so for me this was a major achievement.

As the shoot went on I got more and more comfortable - even having some bum poses - I am particularly self conscious about my bum but it's the part of me that H2B loves most (for some weird reason!), but after seeing the finished shots - i think i love my bum now too!

I have to say that this is probably one of the best things I have ever done - I have so much more confidence now - just went for a job interview and had to give a presentation....in my head I was really nervous but then I flashed back to the photoshoot and thought 'no damn it if i can pose naked in front of two complete strangers I can do this presentation' and I did - the interview went really well and I haven't ever felt as secure in my body as I do now.

Thanks to Leigh and Zena - you guys rock! I am waiting with baited breath to see the final shots, which should be within the next day or so!!!! I can't wait!

N

xx

• FAYE1983FAYE1983 Posts: 853
    I feel exactly the same hun i had mine last week and loved it and Leigh and Zena were fab.

xxx
  • bride77bride77 Posts: 168
    Well done you!!! What an achivement, I bet your pics will be fantastic. Now if only I could get up the courage....
  • NickiKittenNickiKitten Posts: 2,074
    I felt the same after my shoot, its a strange experience, a great confidence builder!

Glad you had a great time, is it a gift for h2b?

I gave husband his book to open on the wedding morning, and he loved it, he keeps looking at it.
  • NicoleBukNicoleBuk Posts: 20
    It was weird that it was so easy! I loved it, my back hurt from the posing though - but totally worth it!

H2B is getting it the morning of the wedding along with signed John Terry pic so it really is his day! Will have to task a BM to take photos of his face!

Bride 77 - don't need courage it's the best thing i did, just phone Zena and talk to her, they are sooo nice and they've seen hundreds of women and really know their stuff. Spent the whole time complimenting me and making me feel great! Definitely worth the money to get people like them working with you.

I haven't laughed that much for ages! Def recommend it!

• farrell69farrell69 Posts: 112
    Im glad you had a great time. Im having my shoot on Monday!! Im quite excited but also a bit nervous. Trying to keep everything from my H2B, just hidden his white shirt to use, hope he doesnt look for it for work on Monday!!LOL!

What shoots did you choose?
    I Maz69 - I ended up choosing at the window and glamourous, i wanted as big a range of images as possible. I take it from the white shirt that you are doing at the window too? Got some brilliant silouhette shots from that set!

I was quite nervous but once you get there and meet Leigh and Zena you'll be fine. The weirdest part for me was going through all the underwear that I had brought with me!

I'm sure you'll be fine, just go there and be guided by them, I had some ideas of what I wanted but they are the experts so I let them guide me - and thank god I did! I love the shots and keep looking at them or getting flashbacks to one of them or posing for a particular one and smiling!

When are you getting married - do you have to keep the secret for long?

• daisyteandaisytean Posts: 1,382
    I have a shoot booked in August, but not with M.Aphrodite as there isn't one near where I live.

Can you advise me what to take with me? And let me know which sort of pictures you are most happy with?

What sort of book are you having?

I wish there was a M.A. near me - they sound amazing.

Any tips would be gratefully received!

xx
    Hi daisytean - Well for the sets I picked MA provided clear guidelines of what worked best. I stupidly went and spent about £100 on underwear before I had my shoots, I would advise NOT doing this as if you are planning on doing nude shots, you will probably prefer them to the ones where you have underwear on - at least I did.

So after spending lots of money on underwear and not using it - it is safely stored away from prying H2B eyes for me to take on the honeymoon so it's not going to be wasted! ;\)

I would have to say the best advice would be don't do anything you don't feel comfortable doing, trust the photographer when they put you in poses that feel weird or hurt your back - I did an awful lot of back arching, but the end result was brilliant!

For me the type of picture I was after was one that we can both tell it's me, but other people wouldn't be so certain. I know H2B will want to put at least one on the wall and so I didn't want them to be too 'glamour' shots - more arty. I expressed this to Zena and Leigh when we were chatting before the shoot. They were really good and let me do some shots in that style, but they then put me in some other poses which are more frontal and you can see it's me - but I love them too!

To take with you, I would take some killer heels (i took about 8 pairs!), some bright/light coloured underwear if you are working against a dark background, and vice versa for a light background, although light on light gives a really soft feminine side to the shot.

Does your shoot come with make up included? If not I would practise with the make up and taking photos of yourself as it's amazing how much make up you need to put on to even look natural on film - it seems to all disappear on the photo!

Other than that - just enjoy the experience and the increased confidence you'll get from the shoot.....it's amazing and you will have fun and love the pictures in the end!

Good luck and let me know how you get on!

N

x

(edited as for some reason I can't spell today!)

[Modified by: NicoleB on July 17, 2009 10:44 AM]

• farrell69farrell69 Posts: 112
    Quoted:
    I Maz69 - I ended up choosing at the window and glamourous, i wanted as big a range of images as possible. I take it from the white shirt that you are doing at the window too? Got some brilliant silouhette shots from that set!

I was quite nervous but once you get there and meet Leigh and Zena you'll be fine. The weirdest part for me was going through all the underwear that I had brought with me!

I'm sure you'll be fine, just go there and be guided by them, I had some ideas of what I wanted but they are the experts so I let them guide me - and thank god I did! I love the shots and keep looking at them or getting flashbacks to one of them or posing for a particular one and smiling!

When are you getting married - do you have to keep the secret for long?

I have chosen at the window and boudoir, i wanted a contrast of nice and then maybe a bit naughty!!

I have a few outfits to take so im glad they will help me choose!

We are getting married on 31 aug in cyprus so only have 6 weeks to keep quiet ;\)
  • daisyteandaisytean Posts: 1,382
    Thanks Nicole - yes, my shoot includes hair and makeup and I can choose the sort of look I want. I expect it will all become clear when I am actually there. The lady seems lovely and has instilled me with confidence, and reading all the posts on here makes me look forward to it even more. I know he will love it!

When are you going to give him the book and what will your message say?! I am thinking - 'this is what you can look forward to later on' !!!

xx
    Hi,

Daisytean - I am thinking of combining this with his other present, a signed John Terry picture dedicated to him (sooo lucky I managed that one - it's all about who you know!).

SO I was going to also get a photo of Kelly brook - he loves her a LOT!

Will wrap up three packages - package number three - will say the third love of you life and be the signed KB pic.

Package number 2 - 'the second love of your life' representing, chelsea/football and JT of course.

Package number 1 - 'the number one love of your life - to be opened when you are on your own!'

At least that's how i'm thinking I will work it - the presents are being delivered to him the morning of the wedding so I will have to task the best men to get photos of his face when opening the first two presents!

Maz69 - it's good that you don't have too long to wait as it's killing me and it will only have been three weeks from photoshoot to wedding.....Good luck on yours i'm sure you'll be great!

N

xxx