Best Man's Speech

Our best man has asked us who he needs to thank in his speech and I can't for the life of me find anything on t'internet! Can anyone advise?

I've found a few american sites that say he needs to thank my parent for paying (but they're not) and he needs to welcome me into my H2B's family....but that doesn't sound right.

I've also found something about thanking my H2B on behalf of the bridesmaids.

Any advice would be fab.

• MrsUsher2bMrsUsher2b Posts: 29
    I don't think he actually needs to thank anyone, It's the groom that has to thank your parents for giving you away, thank the bridesmaids and thank the guests for attending. Maybe your best man could thank the ushers (if your having any) for helping out on the day and thank you and your husband on behalf of the guests for inviting them to your wedding (but maybe that would sound a bit strange asking him to thank you)
  • Ruby2ukRuby2uk Posts: 593
    Hi i just found this link:

http://www.presentationhelper.co.uk/how-to-write-best-man-speech-59.htm

it has guidance of what stories to put in and also suggests the following thank you's to be included:

f irstly thank the groom for his speech, and the father of the bride for his. Also thank all for attending.

Give up a toast for the pair of parents. And say thank you to them on behalf of the bride and groom.

hope this helps, i wouldn't worry too much thought because as MrsUsher says the groom and the father of the bride will be thanking everyone too and sometimes people can get bored of too many thank you's. our best man says he's ok with his speech- we don't have a clue whats in it! panic sets in lol

xx
  • Ruby2ukRuby2uk Posts: 593
    ooh sorry just found this on same site:

http://www.presentationhelper.co.uk/best-man-speech-example-55.htm

an example best man spech and it has the following thank you paragraph:

Firstly a few thank-yous I have been asked to make. Firstly, to all who have helped in the service, and this lovely party. Whether you have brought food, or helped decorate this place, or just come to support the happy couple, thank you. Secondly to the bridesmaids, you have done a magnificent job helping the bride today, and you all look amazing, so a big thanks to you too. Finally Tom would like me to thank his beautiful new wife for turning up today. I saw him this morning when he was worrying, and it wasn't a pretty sight. He has asked me to tell you how happy you have made him by becoming his wife, something that I am sure he will go into in more detail in his speech, but still, thank you.

• lindasearslindasears Posts: 767
    To be honest, I don't think people look forward to the best man's speech for the thank yous. People look to the best man for humour and a gentle ribbing of the groom. The best thank you would be a humourous "thank you for not falling asleep during the last two speeches - I know the anticipaton of my speech has kept you all on your toes!"
  • i dont think he needs to specifically thank anyone, just say how gorgeous the bride and bridesmaids are, and tell a few stories or jokes x