Engraving inside rings...

I want to engrave my h2b's wedding ring as a surprise, but I am looking for inspiration for what to put in it!

Anyone had any good ideas on this?

xx

• kirk110480kirk110480 Posts: 3,339
    I'm getting mine engraved with our wedding date, boring I'm afraid xx

• We both have a line from a poem in the wedding. 'I will live in your love.'
  • We meet on a web site so we had our User names engraved, mine in his and his in mine
  • olisseolisse Posts: 1,280
    I have T's name and the date of our wedding and he has my name and the date of the wedding - that way there are no excuses for forgetting anniversaries!! image
  • sparkle640sparkle640 Posts: 206
    I know someone who had the name of the song of their first dance engraved - I thought that was a really nice idea.
  • beckyyyxxxbeckyyyxxx Posts: 1,102
    We have our names and wedding dates in each others rings, you could have nicknames or something that means something to the both of you. xxx
  • NickiKittenNickiKitten Posts: 2,074
    "put it back on!"
  • MrsBiggs2bMrsBiggs2b Posts: 1,047
    Ha ha Nikkikitten love it!image
  • Were getting the date as well very boring but hes not got an excuse for forgeting
  • MrsfromwalesMrsfromwales Posts: 1,726
    i read on here once that someones h2b had suggested engraving ' if found we are probably divorced' that made me chuckle.

i want to engrave ours but i dont think my ring will allow it as it has diamonds set arounf the band.

i will check when i go to order it!

if we do though, i would like to oput something really sweet and meaningful to the two of us - almost like a secret code!

but i cant think of anything! it will probably just be our initials and the date!
  • If we had ours done, I know we would have "I love you £1.20" something that only means something to us.

The story behind the £1.20 thing - if you're intersted (probably not I imagine!!) is that one boring weekend, we were shopping in Asda and MrP picked up a stupid kids toys and got really excited saying that it was the best thing he had ever seen and jumping up and down he asked how much it was, I said £1.20, he said "wow, I can't believe the best thing in the world is only £1.20" and that's why - secretly, I know he loves me £2!!
  • I left this detail up to hubby... who got a bit tipsy on Pinot and came over all italian... and came up with this...

"Per Amore, per Sempre nel tempo"

which means "For love, forever in time"

Well he gets the full thing in his fat ring... and I get the forever in time bit on my skinny one.

I have diamonds set too ... and engraving is possible... so ask jewellers to make it pssible if you want it.

x

• Hya,

We had each others finger prints engraved inside our rings... something a bit different..x
  • Quoted:
    Hya,

We had each others finger prints engraved inside our rings... something a bit different..x

wow this sounds great where did you get this done where is everyone getting their rings engraved?
  • MrsDaveMrsDave Posts: 519
    H2B calls me his 'star'. So I have 'my star' engraved in my ring, and he has 'your star'.
  • I cant get his engraved as its titanium and the metals too hard...so instead I bought him a stainles steel waved pendant on a leather strap as a necklace ( he wears things like that) and Im gonna have 14/10 engraved on it instead...we get married on 14th feb 2010...

Im just having his first name engraved in mine.....simple but everytime I say his name I still melt ....hee hee
  • Quoted:
    I cant get his engraved as its titanium and the metals too hard...so instead I bought him a stainles steel waved pendant on a leather strap as a necklace ( he wears things like that) and Im gonna have 14/10 engraved on it instead...we get married on 14th feb 2010...

Im just having his first name engraved in mine.....simple but everytime I say his name I still melt ....hee hee

Maybe you ought to ask youre Jeweller again about this?

I am getting a Titanium ring and it's being engraved no problem!?

The jeweller said it's harder to do because of titanium's properties but it can be done by machine rather than by hand...?
  • I'm having J&A date and place. J&A comes from meeting him at 16 and writing that all over school books lol! It reminds me that we've been together a long time. This is also in my engagement ring J&A 14/04/08 NY.
  • chelb13chelb13 Posts: 458
    I've gone for something abit different too. There's a story behind it.

For our first anniversary I bought h2b a pocket watch and had it engraved with the date we got together and "Somewhere in time" on the back. It's a film that Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymore are in where an old lady Elise (Jane) gives Richard (Christopher) a pocket watch with the same engraving on the back and whispers "come back to me". He sees a portarit of her in a grand hotel when she was a young actress in 1912 and he self hyptotises himself to go and find her. He does and they fall in love but he finds an object from 1980 which pulls him back to the present and he cannot get back to his love. His grief overwhelms him and he dies. However on the "other side" she is waiting for him and they are reunited once again.

We watched it together just before our first anniversary and he said that he would be lost without me and would go to wherever I was to be with me.

Hence the engraving on the pocket watch. So to continue it on I am having "Somewhere in time..." engraved on the inside of my ring and ...my love will find you." engraved on the inside of his. So when you put the rings together they read, "Somewhere in time my love will find you."

It's a beautiful film, a must see.

Chelb13 xxx
  • I would really like our rings engraved. Not sure yet exactly what. But something along the lines of 'I'm glad you waited'. There is a story behind it, On the night me and h2b first met I disappeared to the toilet for over an hour, after seeing a friend in the queue etc and after having a few to drink I didn't realise how long I had been.

But he had waited for me. We have since talked about this, as it would have been so easy for him to have just gone off thinking I wasn't coming back as it was the first time we had met, but he says something made him stay waiting for me!
  • OMG i actually have tears in my eyes Bristol Bride that is lovely !!

Was going to have date etc now changed my mind hehe xxx
  • Do you think this would fit??

Give you my forever

in one and

Everything I am

in the other

• nikg_87nikg_87 Posts: 1,082
    I have been thinking about this for a while image I want something different image I might have something written in french as we got engaged in Paris...don't know what though...just something simple x
  • SianianSianian Posts: 195
    Hahahaha - loved Nickikittens response! 'Put it back on'! Hilarious.

We're having 'a deal is a deal' on ours!

This is a cute thread! image
  • I'm not sure about mine and H2B's but my MOH's wedding ring was a surprise with "My Wife, My Life" which I think is soooo romantic!

Claire

• nsteele80nsteele80 Posts: 443
    we got engaged in Rome, so have decided to have our wedding date engraved in roman numerals.
  • Me and H2B are having the wedding date. I cant fit anymore on mine but H2B's brother and wife got wedding date and each others name in theres.

I like the film idea tho. It is the sweetest thing i have heard.

St Lucia bride If you got engaged in Paris why dont you get something like ' Meet you under the Eiffel'? and maybe the engagement date?

xxx

[Modified by: Mrsptobe79 on October 20, 2009 10:38 AM]