Forum home Archived For the groom

buttonholes

we are only having a small civil ceremony so do we need buttonholes for the bridal party? my mum and mum in law think so, but I can't see the point. Any ideas?

• vicky_melhamvicky_melham Posts: 192
    It's up to you! If you want them, have them, if you don'et want them, don't! We're not having any and we're having a church ceremony.

• DeborahtDeboraht Posts: 2,882
    I was thinking this also! We are having a farely big do but it will be a civil ceramony in a hotel. My nan moaned like hell at my brothers wedding coz she wasnt told to get herself a button hole and felt 'naked'! without one! Could we ask guests to get their own?
  • cheeseukcheeseuk Posts: 125
    We're just having them for the men of the bridal party - groom, bestman, Dad and brother. I've been to a number of weddings that just do this. I think most women prefer not to have to pin something to their dress anyway. It's entirely up to you what you do. If guest really want one then yes, let them bring their own.
  • amylukamyluk Posts: 714
    we're having reg office and i have made them to match my bouquet - groom, both dads and mil2b have button holes, best woman and bridesmaid have handbags with a single flower (bouquet ones) stuck to it.