Forum home Archived For the groom

Budoir costs in the south east?

Hello!

Please can you tll me roughtly how much a budoir shoot costs and what you generally get?

• Hiya! I went to Nicola from

www.myboudoir.co.uk

she's based up north so possibly a bit cheaper than down south! I paid £275 for the shoot and 20 retouched images in a lovely album. Her make-over package is £410 and she has packages from £150. I'd heartliy recommend her if you fancy a shopping trip to Manchester!

You'll find each photographer has very different prices depending on their quality and skill and also if they're studio based or not. I picked Nicola cos I loved her photos on her website and she had a package that included an album for a very decent cost. I also liked FYEO but their albums and prints were incredibly expensive and I just couldn't afford them. So glad I picked Nicola - she was lovely, friendly, down to earth and very good at making me look amazing!

alex x
  • MrsT2703MrsT2703 Posts: 1,805
    Hey alexcat, what did you think of Nicola and the photo's you've got, i've booked with her for next year x

Sorry for crashing your post Karen xx
  • Quoted:
    Hey alexcat, what did you think of Nicola and the photo's you've got, i've booked with her for next year x

Sorry for crashing your post Karen xx

hiya racheal! I LOVED all my photos - Nicola worked wonders for me, honestly. I'd not long had my little boy and was all flabby and fed up, Nicola made me look like a supermodel and gave me loads of confidence. I still looked like me but all my wobbly bits had been smoothed out! Nicola is also a really lovely lady - she totally puts you at ease and tries to have a laugh with you - i needed that as I was sooooo nervous! In fact i've booked in again after Christmas as i've lost some of my baby weight and want to show off!

oh and in case I forget why i did the shoot in the first place - my fella LOVED the album!
  • Hi!

I paid 450 pounds for my shoot, makeover and a 10 page 10x12 black leather album. I went to Mighty Aphrodite in Reading, so not sure how far that is for you. Have a look at the thread M/A Recommendation which tells you heaps about it. I loved it, its a husband and wife team and they made me feel so comfortable, i forgot i was naked most of the time! The pics are amazing and very artistic and tasteful. I would highly recommend them! image x
  • I'd say in the SE it can vary from £200 - 600.

After hearing too many disaster stories about FYEO which is very near me I was happy to go further afield to get better results and value for my money. A yayw bride shared her experience on this site and

I went here last year and it was a special offer of £299 and a 20 photo leather bound album.

This included makeup, and about 4 hours in the studio.

www.midnight-secrets.co.uk there are now 2 studios in Hertfordshire. Cuffley & St. Albans.

Hannah is amazing and knows her stuff and I couldn't believe it was me in the photos. The makeup and lighting, etc all stunning.

Hubby was given the album first thing on the wedding day - his text read "Simply Stunning! xxx"

• Where abouts in the south east are you?

If near Sussex then try Pursons photography. Quite a few ladies here have been with them and praised them
  • FMPFMP Posts: 182
    Hi,

I used studio 27 in Brighton. You pay £29 booking fee (which inclused one photo) then pay per photo. If you want 20+ photos it works out expensive I suppose but I got a 'myspace package' which meant I got 15 photos for £270 so the whole thing was £300.

The photos were much more 'pinup' and burlesque which suited my style and she's very flexible about suiting your style. Can't recommend them highly enough.
  • FMPFMP Posts: 182
    Hi,

I used studio 27 in Brighton. You pay £29 booking fee (which inclused one photo) then pay per photo. If you want 20+ photos it works out expensive I suppose but I got a 'myspace package' which meant I got 15 photos for £270 so the whole thing was £300.

The photos were much more 'pinup' and burlesque which suited my style and she's very flexible about suiting your style. Can't recommend them highly enough.