Forum home Archived For the groom

Grey suits - Let me see your shoes!

Hi All

We are going for grey tails and are currently looking around for shoes. I think H2B will go for black shoes, but we keep looking at brown (at the darker end of the scale). Please post your pics for some inspiration!

Cheers D.

• i just presumed groom would wear black shoes with their grey suits, not bought them yet though so no pics sorry x
  • veromiaveromia Posts: 127
    My groom and his best men wore grey tails and black shoes and it looked fine. I'm not very good at posting pictures on here but here is the link to our professional pics and you should see some pics of the guys amongst them xx

www.cornishpixels.co.uk/fagg
  • MrsDavouMrsDavou Posts: 1,152
    I think we are definately leaning towards black too, but brown can look so funky! Just not sure H2B wants funky on the big day!

Oh thank you for sharing ansomemaid, they looked great and you looked fab, beautiful and so happy image
    bump!
  • TToniukTToniuk Posts: 894
    I think black shoes would be best with gray suits
  • Hi

My HTB is wearing a grey suit ( as is the best man & ushers) and they are all wearing black shoes. I think it looks fine with black.
  • My h2b is wearing a grey suit with brown shoes! He wears similar for work all the time and although it doesnt sound very nice it actually does look great (in my opinion) :\)
  • We're thinking of having grey suits too and haven't even thought of what colour shoes so this thread has been really helpful!

Quoted:
    My groom and his best men wore grey tails and black shoes and it looked fine. I'm not very good at posting pictures on here but here is the link to our professional pics and you should see some pics of the guys amongst them xx

www.cornishpixels.co.uk/fagg

Just had a look at your pictures ansomemaid, and we're having the same blue for our bridemaids. The grey suits lovely with the blue, so now have just got to persuade h2b that grey is the way forward! :\)
  • My h2b is wearing a grey suit and we just bought his shoes yesterday-black brogues from Russell & Bromely, the are lovely and he can wear them again as they are not too shiney. They don't appear to have a website so I can't show you them.

xx
  • gemenargemenar Posts: 669
    my h2b is going with black shoes with his grey Prince Edward suit.
    Hey Ladies, I think we are going for black too, I think brown may just be a little too dandy for H2b on wedding day image

[Modified by: davou on December 30, 2009 10:47 PM]