Forum home Archived For the groom

what to wear for boudoir shoot

i've seen a few posts in here about boudoir shoots and ive found a great guy near me who is charging £39 for the studio then i pay for watever photos and stuff i want.

just wondering what all are any of u's who are doing this wearing for it? and how many different changes are you taking?

• PikelettePikelette Posts: 1,096
    This guy who only wants £39 to take pictures of you half naked, is he actually a photographer?
  • i would be careful there hun for the reason Pikelet said and also how much will he charge you for the photons? he could easily charge you £150+ for them, then it would not be much of a barging as for that you could go to someone well known you.

i cant remember her name but there is a woman who does theses shoots and the girls on here sing her praises... might be worth asking for recommendations.

i would hate to tell you to go for it and something awful happens.

xxx
  • hi! i think i used the lady meg29 is talking about? Nicola from MyBoudoir. I took 3 changes with me - a lovely bra and pants, all lacy, a corset thingy and a body type thing - again all black lace. I also took stockings and high shoes - was loads of fun!
  • Quoted:
    hi! i think i used the lady meg29 is talking about? Nicola from MyBoudoir. I took 3 changes with me - a lovely bra and pants, all lacy, a corset thingy and a body type thing - again all black lace. I also took stockings and high shoes - was loads of fun!

Yeah thats def her, i head everyone sing her praises ..... i would look into her hun i have not heard the tiniest moan about Nicola and us yayw girls are a fussy bunch lol image xx
  • nikg_87nikg_87 Posts: 1,082
    Hi ladies Rose_drop is from Northern Ireland so I'm sure this lady is in england as most things talked about on here are imageimage not good for us girls across the water image but anyway yes this guy is an actual photographer image def a pro.... I am not certain on the price of anything as I havent heard back from him yet but I supose maybe he makes he money from pictures and albums and with little competition in Northern Ireland he doesn't need to charge a bomb. xxxx
    Professional photographers provide their terms and conditions from the outset. Regardless of whether there is much local competition. I'm afraid it is far too easy for people to call themselves "professionals" and I'm particularly suspicious of men who seem keener to get to the kit-off stage than they are to provide a clear breakdown of prices and advice on what to take to a boudoir shoot.

He may be a thoroughly decent bloke just trying to earn an honest living. But I'm surprised he doesn't have a more professional approach to the business.
  • nikg_87nikg_87 Posts: 1,082
    He is a professional photographer, well known throughout Ireland, In fact is voted best photographer of Northern Ireland so I am sure that he will provide all terms and conditions and Rose_drop can make up her mind if she wants to be photographed by him (and his wife)

I think this is being taken a bit the wrong way lol Rose_drop is simply looking to know what people have worn to their shoots as I also same to see as I am considering getting one done but there as has only been one reply answering the question.... hopefully more ladies will reply as it would be interesting to see what everyone else is wearing image
  • lol time to rescue the post! yep he is a great photographer as st lucia bride has said he has been voted the best in northern ireland and everyone in the wedding buisness would know his name.

there would only be 3 or 4 offering boudoir shoots in northern ireland, one is changing was it £195 to just take the photos in your own house or venue of ur choice then from £195 for a album?

i have been equiring through his wife who owns a bridal shop and will be finding out the prices of prints later when i get her reply, also have been told it can be arranged for her or anything female to be there or for me to bring my own friend. it has been my request to have at least topless photos done. ive seen plenty of the photographers work his work sells itself as im sure st lucia bride will agree.

but as i have a few curves i'll be going for more of a babydoll appoarch, and will be getting nipple pasties and tassles for it. but like if people wore stockings did they just stay in the same pair, did you's bring different pairs of shoes or just one..

what all did u's take with u to the shoot?
  • oh and i havent received terms and conditions as i have just been enquiring about the service thou his wife, when i decide to finally book it and set the date for it i will be reading the t&c's then
    Sounds great! I'm sorry to come across as suspicious too but there are some very dodgy types out there who are cashing in on the fashion for boudoir shoots. Basically, they just want girls to strip off in front of them and have realised that you can now get paid for leering and, er, one-handed exercises!
  • Quoted:
    Sounds great! I'm sorry to come across as suspicious too but there are some very dodgy types out there who are cashing in on the fashion for boudoir shoots. Basically, they just want girls to strip off in front of them and have realised that you can now get paid for leering and, er, one-handed exercises!

eewwwww yuk! Fear of this was the reason I only looked for female photographers - although i'm not saying yours is like that rose-drops! He sounds very professional - let us know how it goes!

• it wont b for time yet as im not gettting married till august but im trying to go it without partner knowing so i cant just go spending loads of money hiding it away!

cant wait to have it done