Forum home Archived For the groom

h2b wants made to measure suit, London, for july2010

Can anyone help, h2b has seen a website that does made to measure suits from China, and wants one for our weding - 9 July 2010. Thing is, he also wants to lose weight. Has anyone any idea how long he needs to give for this to be done, or failing that, can anyone recommend anywhere good (and reasonable) in London to make suits???

Panicking on his behalf!

• Can anyone help, h2b has seen a website that does made to measure suits from China, and wants one for our weding - 9 July 2010. Thing is, he also wants to lose weight. Has anyone any idea how long he needs to give for this to be done, or failing that, can anyone recommend anywhere good (and reasonable) in London to make suits???

Panicking on his behalf!

• there's a company in london called "a suit that fits" & i think they do a 3-pc tailor-made suit from around £150. they were featured in YAYW recently x
  • I've been ordering my bridesmaids dresses from www.lightinthebox.com who are fantastic, and I'm pretty sure they do groomwear too but you have to be aware that the colours are exactly as you see them on the screen, one of our colours are gold and so I bought the gold dress only to have it turn up and be 24ct yellow gold whereas I thought it would be a little less yellow! They're so well made though and for the price, you can't lose!

If not from China, check out Fox Tailoring in Hornchurch, Essex, they are amazing and get customers from all over the UK through recommendations: www.foxtailoring.com. I'll be sending H2B there! They also do hire just in case your other half decides to change his mind!

Good luck! x

[Modified by: Mrs Griffith 2B on March 09, 2010 10:44 AM]

• There are lots of shops that do this in central London (Saville Row and the like), I walked down there for the first time a couple of weeks ago- I think it takes about 2 weeks to get one done.
  • My H2B gets his suits from a a Savile Row tailor called www.manning-and-manning.com - always been very happy indeed!