Forum home Archived For the groom

When do you order the suits (hire)??????

Hey

My apologies as this post has probably been done before, but I was wondering when is the best time to place your order for suit hire?

We've got just under a year to go (12th August 2011) - should I be doing this now or later in the year?

Also, has anyone got any places to recommend or ones to avoid? I live in Lancashire and was thining of one of the larger stores such as Moss Bros????

Thanks for your advice image

• flower88ukflower88uk Posts: 1,350
    hiya, we went to a youngs suit hire place back in june- our wedding is july next year and they told us to come back in november so i'd say about 8 months beforehand ?

hope this helps image
  • we get married next july, and we went to burtons (they do mossboss) and they told us to come back after xmas, so yea bout 7 months before.
  • Thanks ladies. I can relax ........ for now! lol image
  • Mrs-L-2bMrs-L-2b Posts: 1,702
    We get married in December and still havent sorted it......but as you are getting married in "peak" season then i would do it at least 6 months in advance.
  • If you want a recommendation in lancashire try John Francis. they're based in Horwich (Bolton) and are so friendly and helpful. We're getting ours from there and a lot of my friends have used them in the past with NO complaints. Very personable service. Good luck x
  • If you want a recommendation in lancashire try John Francis. they're based in Horwich (Bolton) and are so friendly and helpful. We're getting ours from there and a lot of my friends have used them in the past with NO complaints. Very personable service. Good luck x
  • We get married the day after you (13.8.11) - and we have paid the deposit on the suits with Moss Bros.

We chose to do it as H2B is a teacher and is only off during the holidays (obv) and we also thought that due to our wedding being peak time, we would get the suits and waistcoats we want! Also, its something less to worry about!!!
  • oops double post!!