Forum home Archived For the groom

Signature letter examples

Would anyone my kind enough to share their letter that they have sent to a celeb or footie team asking for signature or contratulations.

Thank you

• WasMrsAshleyWasMrsAshley Posts: 1,042
    Hi Here is what I sent to Stoke....THe format will probably be messed up for the content is there....Sarah x x x

Stoke City Football Club Ltd 44 xxxxxxxx Place

Brittania Stadium Trenxxxx

Public Relations Team Stxxxxx

Stanley Matthews Way STx xxx

Stoke-on-Trent

ST4 4EG

April 20th, 2010

Dear Sirs,

My Husband-to-be (Arron Ashley) is a huge Stoke fan, and has been all of his life. He's a season ticket holder and absolutely loves the team, his passion for Stoke City is immense and at times very irritating to me image

I have been told that many Football teams will send a letter of congratulations signed by members of the team (or similar) to be presented to grooms on their Wedding day.

I wondered if this was something you did there ? He would absolutely love it and if saying his vows doesn't bring a tear to his eye this certanly would. We're getting married on 10th September this year.

Thanks so much.

Yours really hopefully,

Sarah Downes
  • febopfebop Posts: 85
    Thanks Mrs Ashley. Ive just sent out an email (stealing your ideasimage so hopefully Man City may get back to me!
  • WasMrsAshleyWasMrsAshley Posts: 1,042
    The one I got back wasn't great I have to say....firstly it was folded (and I'd wanted to frame it but it had creases in it, so I would suggest sending a stamp addressed hard back A4 envelope if you're writing to clubs) and it was just a brief message from the Stoke Manager. I'd wanted something signed by the players really, but hey we can't have it all.....he was pleased with it, but not over the moon x
  • dattydatty Posts: 260
    thank you so much Mrs Ashley, I was really struggling, that has helped a huge amount image
  • SarahMor84SarahMor84 Posts: 1,493
    Hi Mrs Ashley - I am glad I read this post as my H2B is a big Stoke fan too. Was it Tony Pulis that signed or one of the lesser managers?

I am hoping to get something for our wedding in July but will definately take your advice of sending a hard back SAE.
  • dattydatty Posts: 260
    Have just sent my letters out, fingers crossed something comes back, will keep you posted