Forum home Archived For the groom

Help! Gift for the groom!

Hello all,

I am really struggling with what gift to give to my future husband for our wedding.

Originally I had hired him a sports car (BMW Z4) for the week of our wedding so he could drive it to our venue (we're in Hertfordshire but getting married and then staying the week in Devon), and then have it for a few days after to bomb around in.

Buuuuttttt........this was because he had a Seat Ibzia, the car does fine but he had been feeling sore since I got my new Fiat 500 convertible. The only thing he really wanted was a fast car so I thought ah ha! I'll hire him one for the wedding however he has just bought himself an Alfa Romeo Brera (which he has been talking about buying for years). This makes the Z4 hire pretty redundant as he looooooves his Brera so much!

So what to get him? He already has all the gadgetry a man could want (huge flat screen, PS3 with driving seat, integrated home media system (our computers and TVs are all linked up, it's so cool!)), and got a posh watch on his 21st, and I have already done a boudoir shoot for him when we moved in together. I have a budget of about £800 so I can't afford to hire a fancier car. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or if you're a bloke what would you like for £800???

What to get the man that has (nearly) everything?!

• Well I'm not sure whether your other half is into the same things as mine but I have booked to take him to the British Open Golf the day after we get married!! x x x
  • NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535
    I wish I had £800 to spend on my h2b image

What about something like an iPad? I love mine and my h2B is always trying to borrow it! image
  • Good idea on the sport experience Soon2BeMrsT, H2B does love his football so I could look into that!

iPad is a good idea mrsmack2be but a no go for us, as far as H2B is concerned Apple are the devil!!! I think this might be something other software developers have in common maybe.....his whole office is anti Apple!

I got quite lucky getting a second job, so all the money I make from that is going into my personal wedding pot - so far I have used it for my BMs dresses and their gifts and upgrading to canapes for the drinks reception. My H2B has been saving so hard for our wedding so I think he deserves a treat from me image
  • Quoted:
    Good idea on the sport experience Soon2BeMrsT, H2B does love his football so I could look into that! iPad is a good idea mrsmack2be but a no go for us, as far as H2B is concerned Apple are the devil!!! I think this might be something other software developers have in common maybe.....his whole office is anti Apple! I got quite lucky getting a second job, so all the money I make from that is going into my personal wedding pot - so far I have used it for my BMs dresses and their gifts and upgrading to canapes for the drinks reception. My H2B has been saving so hard for our wedding so I think he deserves a treat from me

Yeah you could get him tickets to see his favourite team playing away and a night in a hotel or maybe a tour of his teams ground? They often do hospitality too where you can have your own booth with a meal while you watch the game (although I have to say it's much better being in the middle of the crowd, it's so electric!!). My H2B was so chuffed with my gift he almost cried image