Forum home Archived For the groom

Clay pigeon shooting

My partner is struggling to find things to do for his stag party. He is involving his Dad, my Dad and my Mum's partner and isn't a big drinker. He doesn't want to go away, so is looking for something in Norfolk.

He wanted to do go-karting, but it's SO expensive, he is now looking at clay pigeon shooting. It seems to be around £55 per person which seems like a lot. Has anyone else looked into this or got any other ideas (except paintballing!) which are outdoorsy and don't involve drinking loads.

Thanks image

• £55 for clays sounds pretty good to me. I go regularly and will easily spend £20 and have my own gun (and thats only for about 40 mins). A good place to shoot clays nr norfolk (think its actually in suffolk though) is lakenheath. Also what about an experience driving cars, 4x4's or tanks or something like that?
  • youngbride2011 - Thanks so much for your post. It's good to know that £55 is average. We are in South Norfolk anyway so will have a look at Lakenheath as it's not too far from us.

Yes, I love th idea of experience driving etc, but it's the cost again, not sure how much people will pay.

Thank you!
  • My fiance had his stag last weekend and they went clay pigeon shooting, there were 16 of them and they all LOVED it - I can't believe how much they've gone on about it! I think they paid about £30-£40 (in Brighton), but that was part of a stag package so I think they got a discount on each bit. They went through Red7 who fiance has just informed me are brilliant and he would highly recommend image xxx
  • Thanks Futuremrshanley, i'll have a look at them and see if they do parties local to us.