personalised number plate- any recommendations??

Hi girls,

I'd love to get my husband to be a personalised number plate.

Does anyone know where I could get one thats not too expensive, good service, and relatively straightforward to arrange?

The DVLA do them and it sounds pretty simple but I wonder if the private companies are cheaper?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks x

• Hiya

They range in price HUGELY but regardless of where you get them I think you have to still go through the DVLA ultimately, so I would guess (although I don't know) that a third party would put the price up. You also have to follow a certain format (eg. including a certain number of letters and numbers). My H2B's parents bought him one for his birthday and for one letter, one number, and then his initials (ie. A1 BCD) it was around £1000, but then price depends on the letter/number combinations etc. Then I think it's around £80 to register it with the car and then around the same to put it on any future cars.

Hope that helps!

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    I would search on DVLA for available plates anyway as they have the whole list. I don't think the DVLA are particularly more, it is sought after plates that increases the price
  • Thanks for the replies! I've found one on DVLA for £405 which includes the transfer fee. Now I just need to save for it and hope no-one buys it in the mean time!
  • Thanks MrsSidney

DVLA it is then!