My grooms presents

Hi all,

This is what I have bought my hubby to be

A pocket watch engraved with his initials and our wedding date - I will be putting a picture of his late mother inside so he has her with him all day.

A pair of cufflinks - handmade using some fabric from my wedding dress.

A CD of me singing Adele make you feel my love (our first dance song) had great fun at the studio recording this ! even though I am a rubbish singer lol and a bargain to boot ! £39

Some ear plugs ! see above item

Haribo star mix

What else can I do ? I was thinking of a poem about why I love him ?

• doorstopperdoorstopper Posts: 1,674
    image I love that CD idea! Brilliant!
  • RowenaFWRowenaFW Posts: 2,078
    Mihi placet! But I am truly the most awful singer ever... I don't even think I would find it fun!
  • I'm not gonna lie !

I am also a terrible singer however my partner thinks I am good lol but then again he loves me even if I do a love puff hence the ear plugs ! for the song not the stench lol

Just an update I ordered the pocket watch yday and I have just recieved it ! it has also been engraved ! HOW'S THAT FOR SERVICE ?
  • Quoted:
    love puff

LMFAO!! image

• mism1mism1 Posts: 307
    Were not buying presents kind of see it like an added expense we don't need

I'm going to write him a letter and put a picture of my with a cake him made for my bday before we got together I think hell be touched by that
  • jefnurjefnur Posts: 359
    Hmmm, I hadn't even thought of getting hubby to be a wedding present, I feel like a terrible girlfriend - he got an iPad 2 as an engagement present though.

And I've been looking at a few surprises for him for the day - like a very nice car to pick him up to take him to the venue. I've bought him new wellies (we're going glamping!) and a few other nice things for honeymoon. I know he'll appreciate these but I'd like to come up with a few more nice touches for him!
  • DuddersDudders Posts: 1,659 New bride
    My hubby got the iPad after the wedding - he didn't need another distraction on the day!

Also got him his fave choccies, cufflinks, groom socks and boxers. And some funny books - your marriage owners manual and how to be a good husband.

In sickening twinnie style our cards to each other were almost word for word the same thing!
  • jefnurjefnur Posts: 359
    haha! i'm hoping the shine will have worn off the iPad by the time the wedding gets here - he had me taking photos of him and his new iPad the first day he got it - he had a similar look on his face to the one he had holding his first ever niece when she was hours old!
  • SheraleighdSheraleighd Posts: 1,336
    OMG I LOVE LOVE LOEV THE CD IDEA!

H2B always winces when I sing and I ALWAYS make up stupid songs and sing them really badly so this'd be HILARIOUS as an extra little gift for him! hee hee

I'm getting him Tiffany & Co. cufflinks and hiring reindeer & a sleigh as a surprise for him on the day and will write him a love letter to read on the morning.

Oh and i've had a print framed with all the places we've ever been on holiday together and our honeymoon destination right at the heart of it! Lovely

xXx