Boudior Help!

manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Hi ladies

I know some of you have had and others of you are planning boudior shoots and I wondered if you could give me some ideas on outfits as I have hit a brick wall!

I have 2 "underwear" type outfits but I dont want it all to be about skimpy knickers and corsets, because a) I am not confident about my body and b) I am never likely to wear a corset again anyway!

So does anyone have any original ideas for outfits??

• I've seen some boudoir shoots where the girl has only worn a chapel length veil - but the veil masked the nudey bits and kept it modest, it looked really nice. Also, I've seen a cheeky bum shot of a girl pulling up her tulled underskirt hoop, that was a different image too. Hope this helps. x

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

I am not sure I want anything too bridal either - I might take my veil and see how I feel on the day.  Its hard to know what to take its not like I have done this before or will do again!

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

Why not just take a sexy/ glamorous evening dress along too?

Oooh I like that idea!  I think I still have the dress I wore on our first date so (if I can still fit into it!) then I might take that along image

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058
    manfaw wrote (see)

Oooh I like that idea!  I think I still have the dress I wore on our first date so (if I can still fit into it!) then I might take that along image

That sounds perfect!

If not, treat yourself to a new dress- at least you know you'll wear it afterwards image

Essentially it's a photo shoot of you looking, and helping you to feel, amazing- you can wear whatever you like- I think the title 'boudoir' makes you think the photos have to be a certain type.  At least you'll have a pic you can share with other friends/ family too, not just H2B! 

• beesbees Posts: 835

I was thinking about borrowing one of H2Bs shirts and a tie.

Or what about one of your H2Bs sports shirts? Mine is a massive rugby fan so I might take one of his team's rugby shirts.

Some one else just mentioned taking a Liverpool shirt but I have to be honest I dont find footie shirts sexy, they cant be made to be so either and being a Chelsea fan I think I would break out in a rash wearing a Liverpool shirt!

I like the shirt and tie thing though, I'll have to start routing through his wardrobe soon!

• I wore my H2B's band t-shirt for 1 of my photos!

I am really happy with the outcome! as I was worried, as they can look a bit tacky.. bit Nicola Grim Shaw from My Boudior did a fab job!

This is me, in H2B's band t-shirt!

• All the items mentioned above work well especially the veil and H2B's favourite shirt/sportshirt but also you can feature any jewellery or accessories special to you both.

www.impulseglamour.com