Forum home Archived For the groom

Boudoir Photography

Would any of you consider  a boudoir/underwear shoot for your H2B? is it a good idea or bad idea? x

• nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253

i have heard one story a long time ago now where the husband was devistated his wife had done this and it wasnt quitet he surprise she expected for him on the big day.

i think most ladies find it very emporing and get a lot from it and lets face it, i dont think most men would mind.....

im going to do my own, its not going to be the least bit 'clasy' thoughimage

• MrsA2B3MrsA2B3 Posts: 357

I had a boudoir shoot a few years ago and gave my h2b the pics for valentines day. I felt great and he loved them too x

• MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

Ha ha Nats! image

Our wedding photographer has started offering these, and they do look beautiful, but i cant help thinking that, personally, it would be a waste of money? Im sure H2B would like it, but ultimatelty it will get looked at a few times then probably left in a drawer somewhere. Plus i wouldnt be sure when to give it to him, as he will have his best men staying with him the night before we get married, so if he opened it in the morning they would get an eyeful too!

But... who wouldnt want to have their hair and makeup done and be made to feel like a pinup for a day?

• I think generally most men would love it, though I do remember a story like Nats mentioned where the guy freaked about someone else seeing his wife like that.  I think only you will probably know if he'd be comfortable with that or not.  Personally I think getting glamed up for a photoshoot would be fun, and seeing how amazing you looked in the pictures would feel empowering.  I'd love to do it, but can't justify the expense really.  It's also a little out of my comfort zone, lol. I'd more likely get glamed up and let h2b take some pics! In the best possible taste of course image (TMI? lol)