Forum home Archived For the groom

My FYEO Experience

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share with you my amazing experience at For Your Eyes Only. 

I decided to get the shoot done not only as a gift to my groom but also for me because it makes you feel so empowered and confident in your skin. I have a good (ish) body confidence anyway which I think helped but please don't be deterred if you haven't because they truly make you feel amazing.

My friend came with me for a bit of moral support and she waited in the reception during my shoot. This is just as well because there's no chance of ever relaxing and getting into the swing of things if you have your best friend giggling/wolf whistling in the sidelines! It's also a lot easier to stand there in your skimpiest underwear in front of a total stranger, I found! 

The photographer was a lovely lady who also did my makeup. I hadn't realised but there's one staff member who does it all which is a genius idea as you start to build a relationship with her from the moment you arrive. She did my makeup as a smokey eye and clear, glossy lip and I kept my hair the same as I'd arrived. She said there's little point massively overstyling hair as there's a wind tunnel (FUN!) and you need to lay down in parts etc. 

The shoot itself lasted around an hour and during that time I got changed several times into different underwear sets and I also sneaked one of my fiances shirts out of the house to wear too. I ended up buying a photo wearing that so I can't wait to see his reaction haha although, to be fair, he probably won't care what shirt I'm wearing! 

One thing that surprised me was how NOT embarrased I was! Before the shoot when we were looking at the brochures, I was whispering to my friend, "There's no way I'm doing THAT." "Who'd ACTUALLY do that?" and yet I found myself admitting an hour later I'd done exactly that...(FYI: a VERY tasteful, naked photograph).

The photographer guided me into every single position and fully took control over that which came as a relief as I feel thoroughly clumsy in front of a camera. She made sure that all the positions were flattering and discreet and at no point did I feel vulnerable or too exposed.

I came away from the experience totally buzzing and trying to persuade all my friends that they needed to do this, regardless of whether or not they have a partner. Believe me, the staff make you feel so comfortable and amazing and I really can't reccommend it enough.

My photos have now arrived and I couldn't be happier with how they turned out. My advice: DO IT. 

• JP2BEJP2BE Posts: 262

Hiya Wifey2b14. I did it at Manchester and had the atomic shoot which I got half price on a special offer! If you check their website regularly, they put deals up quite a lot. It cost £200 (RRP £400) and I got three free photos included in that plus my makeup done. I bought one additional photo for £45 which, to me, is expensive but I thought hell, I'm only doing this once! It's a luxury, I know but such an amazing thing to experience. 

• Miss_XMiss_X Posts: 263
    I can't wait to do this for my h2b. I am saving the money at the moment, but really hope I drop on a discount offer as I would like to have money left to get some really nice outfits/underwear for the photos image

Keep checking their website Miss_X because I was lucky enough to get it half price! I booked it in 2012 for 2013 which was the promotion they were doing then!

I have managed to book a mini shoot for ??19 which I am really happy with and then I will decide on what images/how many after the shoot dependant on cost etc image They seemed fab when I spoke to them on the phone and I think that I can get in all the looks that I want even though it's only a 45min shoot....well I'm hoping so! Will just have to practice getting changed fast lol

Haha it's really fun! She helped me do my suspender clips because I was in a flap trying to   do them. They are so laid back and not at all intimidating! Sounds like a good value shoot! Have fun! 

I'm glad they help with that as they are a blinkin nightmare! My sister is at uni in Manchester so I'm hoping to get ready at hers just before and wear my most complicated underwear underneath my clothes for when i arrive to help things along haha! image