What have you put in your grooms box?

mrskg2013mrskg2013 Posts: 1,192

I'm putting together a box of goodies for my h2b..

so far I have got a tag watch, a pair of Paul smith socks, a cd. Any ideas what else I should get him? Xx

• ShabbychicShabbychic Posts: 83

I am doing this as well plan on putting in those items (watch and socks) as well as new underwear, his favourite aftershave, cuff links, mints and cigars for him and his best man to enjoy. Xxx

• I'm putting a box together too but not spending too much as our wedding is costing us more than we originally thought. So far I have:

- Aftershave

- Socks

- Keyring - engraved with our wedding date

- Cufflinks

- Engraved Tankard with miniture JD and coke

- Grooms Journal (I'll give this to him the night before as he wont have time to read it on the day)

- Husband 'Survival kit' (saw loads on ebay but decided to put my own together)

I'm also thinking of getting him one of those experience days? Drive a lambourgini type thing, not sure yet as they're expensive.

Hope that helps image

• J H-OJ H-O Posts: 148

I also did the watch and socks but put in a bit of a love letter, some paracetamol (stress headaches!), a carton of ribena (his fave -I thought he might be dehydrated anight his final night of freedom) and a joke t-shirt with 'I love my wife' on it.

He unexpectedly loves the shirt! He wears it around the house!

• Oh wow! Where did you get the t-shirt from? I love that idea!

• CetaceaCetacea Posts: 654

I'm doing this too though at the moment I'm a bit worried about how much it might cost as our budget is quickly shrinking! 

Original idea was:

Cigars 

Socks with this label: 

Cufflinks 

A first Edition of Jaws (if I can find it at a reasonable price)

Unfortunately the cufflinks might be scrapped due to budget restraints, I wanted these

But with postage they'll come close to £100. Ideally I would want to get him Thierry Mugler 'Coffee' as a gift but it was a limited edition and I can only find one full size one on Ebay and that's over £100 too! Might get a set of samples and so his best man can have one too! My first idea of a wedding gift was a signed edition of Jaws but that runs over £200 just for the book so that's just not happening! 

Oh and I just found a t-shirt transfer I got ages ago saying: "There's nothing we can face- except for bunnies." (It's a Buffy thing if you're wondering, he's a big fan). So I'll be finding a t-shirt to iron that onto and put that in there too image 

LOVE the Ribena idea, will be stealing that! He loves strawberry ribena (eugh!)...Might also put some beef jerky in to sustain him lol. 

• I gave mine a box of alkaseltzer, (in case he had one too many with the best man the night before,) a pair of "so you don't get cold feet" socks, a hankie with our wedding date on it, and a can of jack daniels and coke for a bit of dutch courage. I called it his "wedding day survival kit" and he loved it. I wrapped it in saucy wrapping paper as well, to distract him from wedding day nerves. I thought he would find the hankie and socks a bit cheesy, but apparently not!

• J H-OJ H-O Posts: 148

FutureMrsH- the Tshirt was off eBay - I think it was about £8! Last of the big spenders... The seller was uniquedesignz171 but there are lots of sellers to choose from & 'i heart my wife' key rings for about £3 etc.

• Ahhh brill! Thank you J H-O. I'll be looking on there later image xx

• MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

I am doing a box too - so far i have bought him an Armani watch, some lovely personalised cufflinks from Highland Angel, a 'don't for Husbands' book and some Jelly tots (silly joke between us) . I also got one of those signed football team cards, but it looks really cheap and rubbish so i might not include it..

He has bought his groomsmen some boxers to go with their cufflinks, so i might get him some too.

I figured that as a big chunk of budget went on my dress i should treat him a bit!

• mrskg2013mrskg2013 Posts: 1,192

Aww id love to get my h2b a dont for husbands book, but he is dyslexic so its a bit pointless as he doesnt really enjoy reading. image

My box hasnt got any further...we paid the photographer yesterday and the makeup lady so the bank balance isnt too good at the mo.. So a tag watch, socks and cd might be all he gets lol

xx

• LollybearLollybear Posts: 548

I am doing mine a "tour box" he is in the army and I used to send him a care package every couple of weeks or so when he was away. I used to put the same things in it and mix things up every now and again. He would normally get- a pack of sweeties, some bbq flavoured nuts, a note to say how much I am missing him, a game or toy of some kind etc. I am going to stick along these lines and also include a "bluey"- an airmail letter that the forces use- a new one I will write to him for the day and also our first ever letter (we had only been together a month when he left rather unexpectedly). 

I want the whole box to come in under £10. he isn't big on trinkets and last time I offered to buy any watch he wanted he picked a £15 one because in his words it gets "all kind of bashed up". I am not sure he would forgive me if it cost too much. 

• NadineRyanNadineRyan Posts: 24
    FutureMrsHewett wrote (see)

I'm putting a box together too but not spending too much as our wedding is costing us more than we originally thought. So far I have:

- Aftershave

- Socks

- Cufflinks

- Grooms Journal (I'll give this to him the night before as he wont have time to read it on the day)

I'm also thinking of getting him one of those experience days? Drive a lambourgini type thing, not sure yet as they're expensive.

Hope that helps image

FutureMrsHewett wrote (see)

I'm putting a box together too but not spending too much as our wedding is costing us more than we originally thought. So far I have:

- Aftershave

- Socks

- Cufflinks

Hope that helps image

The first item was the one that made my Husband's day.

A lovely aftershave which he wears every anniversary. I'd love him to wear it everyday (and my husband wouldn't mind it too) but it reminds us both of our special day.

• A grooming kit with few good stuffs he will surely love. A good quality ties with matching cufflinks of his favorite colors and styles from http://www.dqt.co.uk/  will be a good fit to your present. A personalized journal too would be superb..write something on the first pages like 100 reasons i love about you something like that. that would surely win his heart all over again image

• GinnyGinny Posts: 1

im enclosing a pack of playing cards, 52 cards, one for each week of the year in he run up to our day, and on each one, ive stuck a heart shaped post it, with a reason why i love him..also enclosed a small bottle of vodka with two shot glasses for him and he best man for some dutch courage.  a tshirt with 'under new managment' on it, some haribo sweets (private joke lol), some breath freshener, some socks, a little book of donts for husbands (off ebay), and some aftershave.   Will also enclose a 'bluey' (military notepaper) for my future hubby as hes military (stole that idea from above thread thankyou!!!)

marrying my childhood sweetheart, after 25 years apart we found each other again,  

Soon to be Mrs Bowen, 25/10/14 xxx

• AprielaApriela Posts: 1

I read somewhere that a bride put a shirt of her grooms favorite team in the kit with a saying something like "a cubs shirt- to remind you there's still love even in let downs" or something along those lines. I thought that was cute

• Just as a quick question, when would you give this to the groom? Is it a day before thing? Or a "on the day" thing? I'm just curious as I've never heard of this but it sounds like a nice idea.

• Ems2905Ems2905 Posts: 144

I was just wondering the same thing!! x

• :D:D Posts: 1,805

This has got me thinking image

• Spam88Spam88 Posts: 1,001

I was planning to give my groom's gift to his mum to give to him on the morning (when the photographer's there so I can see his reaction!).

• Mrs pickleMrs pickle Posts: 319

I'm planning on giving mine to his mum to give him on the morning of the wedding along with a bottle of champers!

• MrsG23MrsG23 Posts: 231

I am giving my OH a pair of socks, some aftershave, a little book called "How to be an almost perfect husband* *From woman who know" .. Some cigars for him and his guys and then I will get one of my family to deliver him a crate of Guiness with a bow around it and some bacon rolls imageimage 

• VicNVicN Posts: 1,352

I've got my H2B a modern-looking leather hip flask and some Japanese whisky to go in it (just a little bit - I'm keeping the rest of the bottle! image); a pair of silver cufflinks from Etsy that have my initials on one, his on the other, then on the back of one, the date we met and on the back of the other, our wedding date; some groom socks and the Don'ts For Husbands book.

Not planning to get him anything else. A watch would be a waste of money; I got him one a couple of years ago and he hasn't worn it. He already has a fairly new aftershave that I LOVE so don't want him to wear something else! 

I think he's panicking as he knows I've got him things and he says he hasn't got me anything and doesn't have a clue what to get me! Have told him I don't need anything but if he does want to get me anything, I'm not going to give him any hints this time (except I have hinted I would like a blue charm for my Pandora to be my something blue image )