Forum home Archived For the groom

Morning Suit Hire

Hi all

There was a topic on here a while back about morning suit hire & waistcoat styles. I asked the question if anyone knew where you can hire grey wool / gabardine waistcoats as opposed to silky ones, preferably double breasted.

Anyway, i just thought i'd let anyone who's interested know that Moss Bros do a grey or buff (beige) single breasted waistcoat as part of their Royal Ascot / Aylesbury ensemble.

• Saint-BertieSaint-Bertie Posts: 6,678
    ooooooooh be warned with Moss Bros!

We used them for my sisters wedding - guys went into different branches to be fitted and all the suits were supposed to be sent to Birmingham to be picked up - all of them were wrong! The groom could've got him and the best man in his! Plus, they sent ties instead of cravats and the grooms was the wrong colour!!

Plus - the shirts were grubby, my son had to wear a dirty shirt even though we complained and they sent another one by taxi (two sizes bigger than we asked for!) image

Eventually they gave us one of the page boy suits hire free but we still weren't particularly happy with the service - they really didn't care that they'd got everything wrong!

A friend of mine had a similar experience this year with them in London.

If you can find what you want elsewhere I'd do that!! We're definitely not using them!
  • MoominmummyMoominmummy Posts: 1,621
    Wow, thanks for that tip! Definitely won't be going with them. Still on the hunt then... if anyone knows somewhere good, preferably in London (so should be easy!), let me know please!
  • zoe6662003zoe6662003 Posts: 638
    we are looking here and they even send you a swatch guide with lokts of colours in its greatx

they even deliever them a week before and pick them up afterwards to x ;\)

http://www.formallyyours.co.uk/index.html
  • MoominmummyMoominmummy Posts: 1,621
    Thanks Yummy Mummy, that's a great website, unfortunately they dont have availability for our wedding date (next May!!) should i have already sorted this out??image

If anyone has any other suggestions / recommendations they will be gladly received!
  • Also you could try Greenwoods:

http://www.1860.com/index.shtml

They have stores nationwide (H2B is getting his from there) and I've heard good things. image
  • craftycharlicraftycharli Posts: 3,175
    Do pronuptia do what you are looking for? Their service (Newcastle store) was excellent when we got married.
  • My H2B is an usher at a friend's wedding in September and the guys are hiring their suits from Pronuptia, Swindon. The service has been excellent! H2B has been so impressed with them that's probably where we'll get our party's outfits from! x