Suits...

Unusually for most brides, I found and brought my dress almost 18 months ago, swiftly followed by the bridesmaid dresses. Girls sorted. Now the clothing issue has arrived for the Groom and Groomsmen.

We know we want grey slim fit suits with tie, but undecided on whether not to go with the possibility of waist coats. We're getting the guys to pay for their own suits which has been agreed but unsure on whether we find suits we like and a good price for them to buy, or find suits we like that can be hired therefore making it cheaper.

My question is does anyone know, or can recommend a company in the South East more Southampton way that are a good value for money, whether we hire or buy?

Moss Bros is a popular option, and Debenhams have a suit we may like but not available until March 2014, plus how late is too late to get suits sorted? Also what is a reasonable hire charge to expect?

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

You can get some lovely grey, slim-fitting 3-piece suits from Next (my hubby has one that I think cost £120 for jacket and trousers; he bought the matching waistcoat afterwards and I'm sure that was £40) and Matalan actually do a fab 2-piece suit called 'Malmo' for just £75!  Perhaps you should ask the groomsmen what they'd prefer to do?  It may be they'd rather pay a bit extra in order to buy a suit which fits them perfectly that they get to keep! x

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

Re. suit hire, we used Peter Posh (they're local to us but supply suit-hire companies all over the country) and I think a grey, 3-piece suit came in at around £75 x

• Thanks  jodielou I will look into these image 

• We bought the suits from Next too as they offer the suits in different fits - slim for best man and usher and regular for the dad's! x

• MannyManny Posts: 14

I'll go for the BUY! image