Forum home Archived For the groom

Suit hire for larger men?

Are there any local suit hire places near to you? We've gone with a local place on the wirral. It's not part of a chain and we had a similar concern with one of our ushers but the owner said he'd found suits for all shapes and sizes over the years and only on one occassion (in a 30 year history) was he unable to get hold of a suit for an extremely large gentleman. 

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

Give Peter Posh a try- their main showroom is based in Telford (they have others in the West Mids) but they supply independent suit-hire companies all over the UK. If you give them a call, they may be able to help you. What colour/ style of suits were you hoping to have, wifey? xx

I was hoping you'd say black! That makes your life a little easier- at least you don't have to worry about colour-matching! How many men are there in the bridal party? I've been to weddings where just the groom and the best man wore tails, and the others wore complimentary lounge suits (with or without waistcoat) and matching tie/ cravat + buttonhole. It looked really good actually, and meant the groom stood out a little bit more. Maybe that's something you could consider, if you don't have any luck with the suit-hire route? It would be a shame if your brother was the only one who looked 'different' xx

Of course, yes you don't want to go cancelling and losing all that £- I just assumed you were only just starting to look for suits. Like you say, it helps that the tails are black, so as long as your brother has a black suit and matching cravat + buttonhole it'll still be obvious he's a member of the bridal party xx